Possible Emergency Goldfish Ate Seachem Neutral Regulator

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by TCrippen, Apr 9, 2017.

1. T

TCrippen New Member Member

Hello, My comet goldfish ate a piece of seachem neutral regulator. I was adding it like normal and there was a chunk I didn't notice it fell to the bottom he ate it right away. Hes acting normal its been over n hour I feed him and he defecated. I will make sure to dissolve it always first from now on. I need it because my tap water reads an 8.8 on the api test and its been working very well. Will he die? Is there anything I should do? I looked all over the net, found one person said it happened to their goldfish and he was fine and another person said it killed their fish. Wondering if anyone can help. Thank you.

2. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

I don't think there is anything you can do other than wait it out and see what happens. Good luck!

3. OP
    OP
    T

Hes fine, I think it would have done something by now, no signs of stress. Thank you for the luck! I feel like a first time mom always worried about them lol.

4. chodder

chodder New Member Member

Same thing happened to me but it was tetra tapsafe, 2 of my angelfish ate it at acted odd for a little then they where fine

5. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Wow, that's unlucky. Hopefully he will be fine because unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do.

6. OP
    OP
    T

Yup hes totally fine I think I will name him iron fish. I'm glad I put this up though so if it happens to someone else and they search it they can find this. And thanks to chodder for your story as well. For reference in case anyone ever looks for this he is a 12 year old large comet goldfish, never acted even a bit weird, totally fine a day later. Will of course be more careful in the future anyway. Thanks again guys!

7. OP
    OP
    T

Oh and the chunk he ate was id say about 3/4 inch by 1/2 an inch

8. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Great to hear that he's okay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice