Possible Dwarf Gourami Tankmate

Willis19

Hello everyone, I am planning on setting up a 20 gal long aquarium with a dwarf gourami as the centerpiece. I was hoping that I could also have a golden wonder killifish as one of his tankmates. They would be the 2 most aggressive fish in the tank and I was wondering if they would get along.

The tank will have a sand bottom, live plants, and driftwood.

Aquaman9101

Hello everyone, I am planning on setting up a 20 gal long aquarium with a dwarf gourami as the centerpiece. I was hoping that I could also have a golden wonder killifish as one of his tankmates. They would be the 2 most aggressive fish in the tank and I was wondering if they would get along.

The tank will have a sand bottom, live plants, and driftwood.
I kept my DG with copper tetras, khulI loaches, BN plecos, and mollies. All of these fish should also fit reasonably well in a 20 gallon with a DG (not together, separately). I've also heard that harlequin rasboras are very good with most labyrinth fish, but I've never kept them, so I can't personally vouch for them. If you have HEAVY amounts of foliage, you can try another DG, but you should have a back tank in case it doesn't work out.

Never heard of golden wonder killies, but I think I read somewhere that most killies will do better in harder water, but I guess you could attempt it.

Be warned, however, that no two fish are alike when it comes with DGs. They can be placid like a flame DG I one had, or highly violent, or even just plain weird. My Coral Blue DG was a weird one, as he only attacked larger fish. I had mollies, tetras, and even a female betta, all left alone, yet my angel had to contend with the DG harassing it. It got to actually fighting rarely, with it mostly ending with the DG flaring at the angel.

Gourami36

I would never recommend keeping 2 dwarf gouramis together. They would most likely kill each other even in a heavily planted tank unless it was huge.

Aquaman9101

I would never recommend keeping 2 dwarf gouramis together. They would most likely kill each other even in a heavily planted tank unless it was huge.
Whoops forgot about the tank size. Yeah, don't keep any two labyrinth fish in there (paradise fish, gourami, or bettas). I think the rest stands true, however. But yeah, don't keep two male DGs in a 20g

Willis19

Thanks for the replies. Just to be clear, I wasn't planning on multiple DGs. I understand that they are territorial. Also, I looked around some more and it seems that the killifish should work. I`ll have a back-up plan in place just in case however.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
CaptAnnDuchow
  • Question
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
  • Question