possible dissease

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by 240gordy, Apr 7, 2006.

1. 240gordyNew MemberMember

High,
    I'm new to this whole thing and I had no idea who to go to, so I'll give this a shot. I just moved my red devil into a new tank. He is very hardy and has moved into new tanks before. He is about 1 and a half years old(not really sure). He has never been sick before. Just recently he has gotten a black color on his fins and I have never seen this before. His tank is besides another where he likes to attack the side glass trying to get to the other fish. If anyone could give me any suggestions or information on this that would be great.
    Thanks a Bunch

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Hi Gordy! Glad you posted this. I answered your pm and said I thought you might want to try blocking the red devil's view of the other fish by maybe just placing something between the tanks. Anyone else have a suggestion?

3. 240gordyNew MemberMember

That would make sence since he is always attacking the glass. I Appreciate the help, thanks.

4. DinoFishlore VIPMember

The darker fins are probably fromthe fish being stressed that he cannot reach the other fish.
    This is typical behavior and not something to majorly worry about.
    Placing a sight barrier is the best way to correct this.

Dino

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice