Possible Danio Fry

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by Bad Wolf, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Bad Wolf

Bad WolfWell Known MemberMember

Last night, my axolotl died. (I made a previous post for more info). He was in a 15 gallon divided tank. In the other half of the tank, was a female betta and three danios. While I was cleaning the tank, because of the death of my axolotl, I noticed something very, very small swimming around in a container of water I scooped up.

At first sight, I thought it was a mosquito larvae, or a parasite. I then looked closer. It looked like a fresh born guppy fry, only 10 times smaller. I don't have a good enough camera to get a picture, but, is it possible my 3 danios bred?

thnx

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile54.html
    Hello,
    Yes, it is a possibility that your Danios spawned. The link above will give you some more information on them. Too, if you'll go to, close to the top, of the screen and do a Fish Lore Search for Danio Fry, you'll find more information there.
    Best wishes!
    Ken

3. alisha40

alisha40New MemberMember

I agree that it is possibly danio fry. I found my first fry by accident too and though they might be pests except for their movements. They look like black splinters with two bulging eyes (compared to the size of their bodies) and seem to vibrate when they move/dart around.

4. OP
    OP
    Bad Wolf

Bad WolfWell Known MemberMember

Thanks, it seems they were danio fry, though I doubt any have/will survive in the tank they are currently in.

Thnx