Possible Corydora Fin Rot?

cl1015

New Member
Messages
45
Reaction score
6
Points
8
Experience
1 year
Hey everyone, one of my green cory cats has recently gone a bit dull and transparent. They’re one of the two cories that I transferred over to my new house, and the panda they had been roomies with passed away last month. Other than them there are two other pandas and two greens (they’re the smallest of the three!) in a 20 gal long, and I plan on getting more cories once my tax return comes in haha

I just noticed this evening but it looks like their adipose fin has a bit of it missing? My phone can never get a perfect picture of these guys but it doesn’t look like all of it’s there... could it be fin rot or could it become fin rot if they got it cut on my driftwood possibly?
 

Attachments

Initiate

Well Known Member
Messages
766
Reaction score
195
Points
238
Experience
3 years
It doesn't really look like fin rot but if you think it is then daily 50% water changes will fix the problem. How old is this cory? Is he less active?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

cl1015

New Member
Messages
45
Reaction score
6
Points
8
Experience
1 year
Initiate said:
It doesn't really look like fin rot but if you think it is then daily 50% water changes will fix the problem. How old is this cory? Is he less active?
I’ve had him for close to a year now, I don’t know how old he really is but he’s still pretty active! Given he likes to hide in a specific spot under my driftwood a lot, but he hangs out with everyone else and is the only cory that doesn’t swim away when I come up to the tank. I may be worrying for no reason but I thought he looked a little different and didn’t want to ignore it.
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
12,271
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
cl1015 said:
Hey everyone, one of my green cory cats has recently gone a bit dull and transparent. They’re one of the two cories that I transferred over to my new house, and the panda they had been roomies with passed away last month. Other than them there are two other pandas and two greens (they’re the smallest of the three!) in a 20 gal long, and I plan on getting more cories once my tax return comes in haha

I just noticed this evening but it looks like their adipose fin has a bit of it missing? My phone can never get a perfect picture of these guys but it doesn’t look like all of it’s there... could it be fin rot or could it become fin rot if they got it cut on my driftwood possibly?
What are you feeding. Looks like what I call algae waferitis (hoping I am wrong)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5

cl1015

New Member
Messages
45
Reaction score
6
Points
8
Experience
1 year
DoubleDutch said:
What are you feeding. Looks like what I call algae waferitis (hoping I am wrong)
It’s a mix of Hikari sinking wafers for bottom feeders and sinking carnivore pellets—I do have some Pleco Waters 2-in-1 wafers but I know that algae isn’t a primary food source for them (didn’t know when I bought it) so I cut around the algae and give them the brown outside occasionally, since they’ll eat everything but the green inside otherwise. I did try feeding the frozen bloodworms for variety but they barely even touched them, which is disappointing bc I still have a whole pack in my freezer.
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
12,271
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
Then I am wrong !!! strange they didn't like the bloodworms.
cl1015 said:
It’s a mix of Hikari sinking wafers for bottom feeders and sinking carnivore pellets—I do have some Pleco Waters 2-in-1 wafers but I know that algae isn’t a primary food source for them (didn’t know when I bought it) so I cut around the algae and give them the brown outside occasionally, since they’ll eat everything but the green inside otherwise. I did try feeding the frozen bloodworms for variety but they barely even touched them, which is disappointing bc I still have a whole pack in my freezer.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom