Possible Columnaris?

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Three days ago, he was fine. Active and eating as normal. Two days ago, he was hiding. I didn’t think it was a big deal, sometimes he hides and i didn’t feed the tank that day. Yesterday he didn’t appear when i fed the tank which was weird. I poked around a bit and found him. He is lethargic, barely moving (though still had the energy to make catching him a little difficult.)

I moved him to a hospital tank today. He is laying on the bottom. I hate to say it, but his spine looks a little curved. His belly looks sunken. He is breathing heavily. No loss of color. Fins do not look clamped.

I’m not sure if i should treat him with something, or euthanize him. He does not look good.

parameters:
ammonia: 0
nitrate: 0
nitrates: 5
pH: 7.2
temp: 78

edit: i have not added any new fish in months, though i have gotten new fish for other tanks that i use same equipment to change water.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He died this morning. As sad as i am to see him go, i am glad it was relatively quick.

My concern is that "curved spine sunken belly" came up with columnaris. I need to know if i should treat the rest of my tank. However, upon reading the stickied columnnaris thread on here i don't see much about that.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, I’m sorry to hear he didn’t make it
Fortunately I’ve never had to deal with it so hopefully someone who has will chime in & answer your question.

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you. I honestly didn't hold much hope for him. Once they stop eating... And seeing how bad his body looked. May he rest in peace, somewhere nice with a harem of females.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom