Possible black spot disease?

lemonbean

hi! i was hoping to get some advice/answers/help with this guy. I recently ordered this yellow fin mbamba from an online cichlid shop. Once I got him situated in my take i noticed he had black spots on his face and body. i immediately took him out and put him in a quarantine tank, where i kept him for a few days. when i looked at him today it looked like all the spots had cleared up, but when i added him back to my main tank it looked like all of the spots had returned or they just never actually went away. i immediately took him out again and put him back in the quarantine tank. reading things online all i could really find was black spot disease. once i first noticed the spots i immediately emailed the place i ordered from, where they told me they’ve seen it before, it’s not contagious, and it should clear up on its own in a few days. it’s been a few days and he’s been quarantined, but the spots are still here. none of my other cichlids in my main tank have any black spots on them at all, which makes me question if it really is black spot disease, because i’ve read that black spot disease is highly contagious. my water parameters are all great, so i can’t see it being a water issue, especially because none of my other cichlids are affected by this. does anybody have any idea what this could be? thanks in advance

CF430ABA-8DF1-4353-9967-B8D105C538F6.png
517E2DFE-4F7A-406A-AE4F-EEADC911092F.jpeg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sydrc
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
  • Question
Replies
Views