Possible 40 And 30-33 Stocking Plan In Advance

1. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I just got my Gold Ram tank going, but my MTS is most definitely an advanced case. I've had the Gold Ram pairing tank for 3 days, and I'm already planning my next tank. It is still undecided whether or not I will be moving, so this won't happen until I know for sure or not. If I move/upgrade, the 110 I want is still available as well. Anyway, I have a room with a twin sized bed. I'm thinking it would be cool to have a headboard/footboard that's a fish tank. I have old wood to create a DIY stand. I'm thinking about either a 40B or 40L as a headboard and a 30B/33L as a footboard. I'm would like to have an idea for stocking if I end up doing this. I love my Rams, so I'm tempted to have them incorporated. I'd like suggestions with and without the Rams. @JeffK @Anders247

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Just be wary with the tanks there. The noise might be too much, and I'd worry about knocking them over or breaking them while sleeping or moving around the room in the middle of the night.

3. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

It's not one anyone sleeps in. It's just something that came with our house (bought furnished). We decided to leave it. It's used maybe once or twice a year for guests, and it's my get away area on occasions/area to relax and watch the fish as I keep it in my fish room.

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I would still worry about guests. Maybe one is a violent sleeper or goes to the bathroom frequently and accidentally runs into it. The room would be a great place for more tanks (MTS!), but I worry about headboard and footboard tanks specifically.

5. vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

The headboard tank idea might work on a very tall stand? So that the stand is basically the headboard, and the tank above it?

6. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm not really worrying that much about someone walking/bumping into it. The room remains fairly lit the majority of the time. I considered padding it incase there was a violent sleeper. I doubt there will be as nearly all the people that come oversee just their for a day and leave that night. Both mine and my husbands families live less than 45 minutes away. We haven't had anyone stay overnight for a while now.

My plan was to do a stand with 6inch heigh cubbyholes where the matress begins and the tank above them.

7. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Just something to thing about. I would worry about accidents.

8. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I thought about that, but I would worry a lot more if there were kids in the house. It's just me and my husband at the house most days. There are a few people that drop by on occasion , and there's holidays/special occasions, but that's it.

9. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

Any stocking ideas?

10. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

In a 40B, I'd do this:
    2-3 pearl gouramis
    8 diamond tetras
    8 rummynose tetras
    12 adolfoi cories or sterbai cories
    Pair of dwarf cichlids like Laetacara sp, Nannacara sp, Apistogramma sp, Dicrossus sp, or Nanochromis sp. (there are other small cichlid options, there are just too many lol)

11. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I've already got Rummynose, so maybe a different schooling species. I haven't been able to find Diamond Tetras. I'd love to keep more GBRs, the only catch is I haven't been able to find any in the last 2months! I haven't been able to finish stocking the GBRs in the GBR/Angel tank so they can pair off. I've had better luck with Golds, but I just got my first one yesterday. I'm also not sure if I can find those Cory types! I may result to ordering them. It would either be a 40B or a 40L.

12. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

What type of tetras do you have available to you? Or schooling fish in general, harlequin rasboras or dwarf neon rainbowfish would be other options.

13. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

Well, I worded that wrong. I don't have Rummynose yet. I've been looking for them at least 3 months. I don't like the regular Harlequins, but I love the black ones. So far, the selection is fairly small, Lemons, Black Neons, Neons, Cardinals, Black Skirts, Zebra Danios (longfin and standard), Serpae Tetra, Black Phantoms, Tiger Barbs (all colors), Emperor Tetras (found them at one store once), Harlequins, Glolights, Cherry Barbs, Denison Barbs, Corys (Bronze, Albino, Peppered, Panda, saw Juliis once or twice), Giant Danio, and a few others I can't remember.

14. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Cherry barbs, lemons, black neons, cardinals, harlequins, glowlights would be your options.

15. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm thinking Opalines in the 40? When I was deciding what to keep with my Angels, it was GBRs or Opalines. GBRs won. What would you stock with them? I'm thinking maybe move the Gold Rams to the 30B or 33L, up the number of the Golds, and put Electric Blue Rams or Bolivians in the 20H.

16. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

You can do the same stock as what I suggested, just replace the pearls with opalines.

17. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I may do
    Opalines
    10-12 Lemon Tetras

Any idea on how to complete that stock or how many Opalines? I may also add a Clown or Butterfly Pleco.

18. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

2 opalines
    10-12 lemon tetras
    12 black neon tetras
    10 aeneus cories
    Pair of dwarf cichlids
    1 butterfly pleco

19. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Butterfly pleco often refers to hillstream loaches, which wouldn't be appropriate in most setups as they need a specialized setup with fast flowing water and larger, round rocks. If there is an actual pleco called a butterfly pleco, that owuld work better!

20. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

The L052 is the one I've looked at for a while.