Possible 20/25 Gallon, Is This Stock Good For All My Tanks?

Lance0414

I plan on getting a 20(24" x 12" x 16") or 25 gallon(24" x 12" x 19") and a 5 Gallon(20" x 7" x 12") and I hope to fix most of my errors in other tanks, would these stocks work for all of my tanks and if not what would? Anders247 , Katie13 , What do you think?
5 Gallon(divided)-
2 Bettas(1 on each side)(Have Both)
Temp.-78'F

10 Gallon-
10 Norman Lampeyes(Have 6)
2 Sparkling/Croaking Gouramis(Have Both)
Temp.-78'F

20/25 Gallon-
2 Bolivian Rams(Have Both)
1 BN Pleco(Have)
8-12 Danios(Zebra, Leopard, Glo Mix)(Friend is willing to give me the 4 Danios I gave him back)
1 Dwarf Gourami
Temp.-74'F

36 Gallon-
1 EBA(Have)
1 Angelfish(Have)
2 GBRs(Have 1)
8 Bronze Cories(Have 6)
1 Clown Pleco(Have)
Temp.-78'F

Philippians 4:13

Everything is fine except the 10 gallon, I'm pretty sure that the gouramis have to be in a larger tank, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Lance0414

Everything is fine except the 10 gallon, I'm pretty sure that the gouramis have to be in a larger tank, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The Gouramis get 1 1/2 inchs at maturity and are shy, so they are well suited to the 10 Gallon. They are also known as Pygmy Gouramis(Trichogastor Pumila).

Katie13

The biggest issue I see is with the danios. They do best in schools of their own species, or with glofish, actual type not coloration/modification.

Lance0414

The biggest issue I see is with the danios. They do best in schools of their own species, or with glofish, actual type not coloration/modification.
Zebra, Leopard, and Glo Danios are all Danio Rerio just bred(or genetically modified) to look different.

Katie13

Zebra, Leopard, and Glo Danios are all Danio Rerio just bred(or genetically modified) to look different.
I knew Glo Danios where, but I didn't know Leopards are as well! I think I would keep the Lampeyes at 6 as they get around 1.5" as they get slightly larger than others like CPDs or Chilis.

Lance0414

Ok, I will keep the Lampeyes at 6, does the rest of the stocks look good to you?

Katie13

Ok, I will keep the Lampeyes at 6, does the rest of the stocks look good to you?
What are the dimensions of the 20/25? I think I would do Honeys instead of a DG.

Lance0414

20 Gallon- 24" x 12" x 16" , 25 Gallon- 24" x 12" x 19" , I thought Honeys would be better as they are more peaceful but I like the way Dwarfs look better.

Katie13

20 Gallon- 24" x 12" x 16" , 25 Gallon- 24" x 12" x 19" , I thought Honeys would be better as they are more peaceful but I like the way Dwarfs look better.
With those dimensions, I believe I would keep the Danios at 8.

Lance0414

Ok, how about if I did-
2 Bolivian Rams
1 BN Pleco
10 Danios(4 Zebra, 4 Leopard, 2 Glo)
1 Thicklip Gourami(I think they are Dwarf size but peaceful, correct?)

Katie13

Ok, how about if I did-
2 Bolivian Rams
1 BN Pleco
10 Danios(4 Zebra, 4 Leopard, 2 Glo)
1 Thicklip Gourami(I think they are Dwarf size but peaceful, correct?)
I've heard instances of not so peaceful thick lips.

Lance0414

What centerpiece would you recommend? Less than 3 inchs, peaceful, temp. compatible, and colorful is what I want.

Katie13

What centerpiece would you recommend? Less than 3 inchs, peaceful, temp. compatible, and colorful is what I want.
What about a Fire Red Honey? They are gorgeous!

Lance0414

I like those, but don't Honeys like to be in groups?

Katie13

I like those, but don't Honeys like to be in groups?
People have kept single I believe. You could also do 8 Danios and 2 Honeys. I was never a big fan of Honey Gouramis until I saw Fire Reds.

Wobbegong

I would be careful with feeding those because they aren't very competitive eaters, danios are. I have zebra danios in my tank and they are very aggressive eaters.

Wobbegong

You just have to give a little bit of extra care and make sure they get some food too, it might also help to use different types of food like algae wafers. I have a dwarf gourami in my 30 gallon with my danios, I usually make sure he gets some flakes.

Lance0414

I use Flakes and Granules for my top and mid dwellers and Algae Wafers and Fresh Cucumber for the Plecos.
Would this stock work-
9 Danios(4 Zebra, 3 Leopard, 1 Glo)
1 Dwarf Gourami(Powdered Blue)
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Bn Pleco
Maybe a few Otos as they have little Bio-Load.

Katie13

I use Flakes and Granules for my top and mid dwellers and Algae Wafers and Fresh Cucumber for the Plecos.
Would this stock work-
9 Danios(4 Zebra, 3 Leopard, 1 Glo)
1 Dwarf Gourami(Powdered Blue)
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Bn Pleco
Maybe a few Otos as they have little Bio-Load.
Otos are schooling fish.

Anders247

A 24 inch tank is too small for a BN pleco, imo, otherwise the stockings are OK.

Lance0414

Would the BN be fine in the 36 Gallon if I lower the Temp. to 76-77'F? If the BN stays in the 36 Gallon would 8 Otos fit in the 20/25?

Lance0414

Would this stock work for the 20/25-
2 Bolivian Rams
1 AgassizI or Cockatoo Cichlid
8-10 Danios(Zebra, Leopard, Glo Mix)
8-12 Otos or 1 BN Pleco
Temp.-74'F

BottomDweller

Would the BN be fine in the 36 Gallon if I lower the Temp. to 76-77'F? If the BN stays in the 36 Gallon would 8 Otos fit in the 20/25?
The BN needs 76f or below but the GBR won't be happy below 78f

Lance0414

So put the BN in the 20/25 Gallon, the tank will be overfiltered(About 150 GPH).

Lance0414

I have had some delays and the tank will have to wait another 2 months.

Lance0414

I am getting the 25 Gallon for sure and I was wondering if these stocks would work?
2.5 Gallon(12"x 5"x 6")70-72'F-
Neocaridina DavidI Setup
5 Gallon(18"x 6"x 12")77'F-
Betta
10 Gallon(20"x 10"x 12")78'F-
6-8 Norman Lampeye Killifish
2 Sparkling Gouramis
Pond+MTS Snails
25 Gallon(24"x 12"x 17-19")75'F-
10 Danios(Leopard, Zebra, Glo Mix)
2-3 Bolivian Rams(2-3 Males)
1 Stiphodon Goby(Atropurpureus or Percnopterygionus) or 6 Bronze Cories(Albino, Regular Mix)
1 BN Pleco
2 Rabbit Snails
36 Gallon(30"x 10"x 20")78'F-
1 EBA
1 Angelfish
2-3 GBRs(1 Male 1-2 Females)
2 Clown Plecos(Male/Female)
1 South American Bumblebee Catfish(?)
3 Nerite Snails

Katie13

The last thing you want is an odd number of Rams unless in a large group.

Wobbegong

What about 1 ram

Lance0414

I have 2 Male Rams already so I will stick with them. Is there anything else you think I would have a problem with?

Lance0414

I now have the 25(which turns out is only a 24) and it will be another month before it gets decorated, so right now I have a problem, 1 of my small Cories has died and the other got injured from the Angelfish so I would like to put the Cories in the 24 instead of a Goby(But if I have room for a Goby I would like to get one). Would this stock work-
8-10 Danios(3-4 Zebra, 3-4 Leopard, 2 Glo)(Friend is giving me my original 3 Zebras back)
6-8 Bronze Cories(Have 5)
1 BN Pleco(Have)
2,4 Bolivian Rams(I want my Males to have a mate)(2 Males, 2 Females)(Have 2 Males)
2 Nerite Snails(Angelfish killed my Zebra Nerite so the Tiger is helping cycle the 24)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Salem
Replies
Views
DCJ
Replies
Views
Lance0414
Replies
Views