Important Popeye???

BumblebeeKingHalfmoon

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey everyone,

Today I was feeding my betta named King and I saw something that is making me a bit worried. He has this white dot that is forming in the middle of his eye. It isn’t in his actual pupil, but on I think the outermost layer of his eye. He hasn’t had this before. Could it be popeye???

Any response is appreciated.
Thanks!!

Attachments

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Popeye usually starts with a white ring around the eye and pressure from buildup behind the eye will cause it to pop out. That doesn't seem like the case . What are your water parameters? Do you do weekly water changes?

Cantchooseone

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I agree with above. It does not look like popeye yet. Is he a rescue? He is awful skinny.

OP
BumblebeeKingHalfmoon

BumblebeeKingHalfmoon

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Blueberrybetta said:
Popeye usually starts with a white ring around the eye and pressure from buildup behind the eye will cause it to pop out. That doesn't seem like the case . What are your water parameters? Do you do weekly water changes?
I do 25% weekly water changes. His pH is > or equal to 7.6. The nitrites are around 0 and the nitrates are around 0 - 5. The ammonia is 0-0.25ppm.

Cantchooseone said:
I agree with above. It does not look like popeye yet. Is he a rescue? He is awful skinny.
I did learn this a week ago and I am feeding him twice a day now with betta pellets with the additional bloodworms. Could it be cataracts? His colors have been fading over the past year, but I don’t know if he is old.

New Threads