Popeye In Diamond Tetra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi! I have a diamond tetra that has one popeye and I treated it but now it’s back. She was in a 15 gallon tank with another female diamond tetra as temporary housing until my 45 was ready for more fish. It happened after I moved her and the other fish didn’t get sick. She’s been very active and eating well. I put her in a 10 gallon hospital tank with her tankmate to be treated. I treated with kanaplex as directed for 3 doses but had to do a water change after the treatment because it stressed them out. The swelling in her eye went down but I could see it was damaged. I waited 3 days to make sure they were both ok then moved her to the 45 with her tankmate. I was told I could add 5 at a time now that it was cycled and stabled with resulted in a bad bacterial bloom so I moved the 3 cories, changed the water and added stability. The tank is fine now but she has popeye in just that one eye again. My hospital tank is occupied with new fish I’m quarantining
IMG_1268.jpg
so I left her in the 45 and last night I dosed with paragaurd but I’m wondering if I’m doing the right thing.

OP
Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I’m helping her the best I can.

She is on a 10g by herself with an air stone and HOB that just has a sponge and ammonia remover chips. I’m going to treat her with kanaplex and salt again. How long should I keep her in there once her eye looks better? I don’t want her to get too stressed being by herself but I also don’t want to move her too soon. It’s been 2 weeks since she first hurt her eye and it never went to the other eye and none of the other fish are sick. How long until I can add more fish to the 45 where she was? I have multiple small tanks and have two 45 g tanks I want to move fish into so I can get rid of some tanks. (I have two 45g, two 20g, three 15g, two 10g and three 5g that are for bettas).

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As long as the 45 is fully cycled and no other fish are sick you can add more right away. As far as your sick diamond, I would give her 2 weeks after she's all healed up.

OP
Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Please remember that to trade both members need to have a minimum 50 post count
Oh. Guess I haven’t hit that yet (don’t know if replies count). I don’t have room for them now because they keep picking on my other fish and I’d rather not buy a new tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom