poorly plec

Status
Not open for further replies.

polojoanne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hi everyone sorry i have not been on here for weeks my laptop had a really bad virus and only just got it sorted, anyway we have a clown plec which we have had for a week now, last night he was lying on the bottom upside down but breathing, i took him out an gave him a salt dip he still lay upside down !!
I put him back in the tank after about an hour and put the light out and went to bed this morning he is the right way up and swimming about a little but has his fins clamped to his body,
I did a water test all my tests great 0 ammonia, 0nitrites, 0.2nitrates any ideas ?

polojoanne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yes hes strippes it clean of all algae in 3days looks like a brand new piece of wood,he doesnt reallg go anywhere else except on the wood.he is in a cave at the moment just lying there with his fins clamped, any idea why he would lie upside down last night

polojoanne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
do you think he will be ok he is at least the right way up today,water fine, theres nothing else i can do i guess except wait

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It depends on the size of the tank and how much algae it produces. My tank is coated with algae, and my plecos seem to be doing fine on a diet of just that and driftwood.
Those who supplement their plecos' meals, either due to necessity or due to wanting to give them a varied food source, often do so with blanched lettuce, kale, or zucchini. Mine won't touch the stuff, so I've kind of given up even trying. If they ever clear the algae out of the tank, I'll try again.

polojoanne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
just to report plec is swimming, eating cleaning glass cleaning his log so all good.i do feed algae wafers ,flakes, frozen food, sinking pellets, floating pellets and greens they have a very varied diet lol

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello polojoanne,

I'm glad to hear that the Pleco is doing better! yeah!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for keeping us psoted.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom