Poorly Platy

VW66

One of my Platys suddenly started to wobble when she swims, she then goes to the bottom of tank and stays there for a long time. She does comes out when food is about, but first swims to top of tank gulping air. I had my water tested and was told nitrates were a little high Ive dealt with that, with a water and some treatments, that was 4 days ago and nothing has really changed. Thank you

betta06

what are the exact parameters? and do you have a picture?

Broggy

does she seem to wiggle like a snake?

VW66

does she seem to wiggle like a snake?
Yes she does wiggle like a snake.
what are the exact parameters? and do you have a picture?
The parameters are all okay now but initially the nitrate was 0.25. I only have a video not any photos
Yes she does wiggle like a snake.

The parameters are all okay now but initially the nitrate was 0.25. I only have a video not any photos
Ive just taken a photo, this is all she does all day.

Broggy

im guessing its the livebearer "shimmy" livebearers including platys come from breeders that keep them in brackish water (half fresh half salt), which has WAY more minerals than all fresh water. when they are moved to 100% freshwater in the wholesaler and then to the store, their organs start to shut down from the lack of minerals.

you can add a wondershell as a source of calcium that most livebearers need so much. good luck, I hope it lives through this!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
UnknownUser
Replies
Views
UnknownUser
  • Question
Replies
Views
Roman96
Replies