poorly pineapple pleco

kez

Reaction score
hI this morning found my pineapple plec stuck in an ornament ,got him out but he just layed on the sand and kept trying to swim,but cud`nt,sadly he died a little while later,sad as I have`nt had him long,an told he was rare,cud`nt find out much about him,he was beautiful. :'( :'(

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
I am so sorry you lost your pleco. He must have been ill when you got him, so don't beat yourself up too badly. Try a bristlenose pleco if you get another one. They don't get too big, and they might be a little more hardy.

susitna-flower

Well Known
Reaction score
Many plecos, especially the rare ones, need some special care between the breeder, or where they are caught, and you taking them home. NEVER buy one that has a shrunken tummy. Make sure to check first, before you buy. IF it is shrunken, that means they aren't eating, and you will likely loose them. It has happened to me.....The other thing is some plecos need wood to eat. Research before you buy again, if you don't have driftwood in your tank, some need it to thrive. I also suggest, as Gunnie did that you look for a small species, unless you have a huge tank. We get attached to our plecos, and some grow so huge, it is hard to find them a new home. Best of luck!

Fish in the Frozen North. -5F this morning. 8)

The IDIDAROD SLED DOG race is starting this morning in Anchorage! Check out KTUU if you are interested, they should have video clips all week!

OP
K

kez

Reaction score
thank you both for your advice I make sure I check when buying next time

New Threads