Poorly African Cichlid help

Lydia2512

Hiya
DSC_0305.JPG I've just moved my my cichlid (he has no eyes) into my quarantine tank as he was getting picked on in the main tank, he looks really bad and has sores and red gills, is there a certain treatment that is the best for treating him? Thank you!

WRWAquarium

Probably just keeping the water pristine and feeding quality food.

Was the water conditions stable in the main tank or is this purely from bullying?

I ask as red gills can be ammonia poisoning.

Lydia2512

Probably just keeping the water pristine and feeding quality food.

Was the water conditions stable in the main tank or is this purely from bullying?

I ask as red gills can be ammonia poisoning.
Yeah all water conditions are as they should be, I think its bullying and maybe the rocks in the main tank. I'm just wondering if there was a certain treatment I could try or if that wouldn't be any help? Thank you for replying

WRWAquarium

I would assess the situation. Considering the fish is blind and in such bad shape it may be kinder to euphanize. Can the fish feed and swim naturally?

Lydia2512

I would assess the situation. Considering the fish is blind and in such bad shape it may be kinder to euphanize. Can the fish feed and swim naturally?
Yes he feeds and swims naturally, if it does come to euthanising which method would you recommend?

WRWAquarium

I guess if he can have his own tank or with peaceful tankmates he won't be harassed by or out competed for food he may recover and have as good a life as he can.

Clove oil method is the most reccomended way for euphanising.

Lydia2512

Okay thank you for your help, I'm going to try everything I can first and if he gets worse I will consider this thank you

WRWAquarium

Okay thank you for your help, I'm going to try everything I can first and if he gets worse I will consider this thank you

Don't mention it. Best of luck :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigBeardDaHuZi
  • Question
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views