Poor Unhappy Mindy

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for advice please..
I'm not sure if you remember but when I got Mindy and Milo, Milo wasn't in the best shape.
I tried to nurse him into health but to no avail and he passed away about 1.5 weeks ago.
Mindy is definitely depressed... (or that's what I'm calling it)
I can't get her to eat, I've tried 3 different foods.
And she doesn't swim around she just sort of sits in one spot at a time on the bottom.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought maybe she was lonely, even though traditionally
I didn't think Black Moors are schooling fish.
and the tank isn't boring, there are ornaments and live plants etc in with her...

Thoughts?? Thanks..!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
From what I read of Black Moors they are social fish and although she's not a schooling fish, part of what is wrong could be that she's lonely. I would get her a buddy or 2.

In addition to the water parameters, what's the water temp and what do you treat the water with? Is there anything visibly wrong that you can see?

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
There is nothing visibly wrong. I keep the tank at 68degrees. I will be checking water parameters tonight. I can report on Ammonia and Nitrates, I have been waiting weeks for the Nitrite kit but it hasn't arrived yet.

Perhaps this weekend we'll have to invest in some little friends....

kalika

Valued Member
Reaction score
I used to have black moors many years ago. They don't school but are very social. I was actually down to one and it sat there not eating for over a week. I finally got it a buddy to see if it might perk up and the second his new friend was added to the tank, he started swimming and was back to eating and everything was normal. THis also happened recently with a lone female platy I had. They school very loosley but she was a very active fish and could even be considered boisterous. Well, once her buddy died she became very skittish and hid except for meal time, that was the only time she came out. It all changed after I added two new friends for her. Right back to her old self. Most likely, he needs a friend.

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to pass along an update! I purchased two more little black moor friends for Mindy and she seems to be doing great!!

Any name suggestions? I've got Mindy, Mirah and.... I need one more black moor girl name that starts with an M... something cute

Cheers!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Misty.. Miley.. Milla.. Minnie.. ?

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Misty works! Mindy, Mirah and Misty. Thanks!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Icicle said:
Misty works! Mindy, Mirah and Misty. Thanks!
yw. would you happen to have posted pics of the new black moors?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom