Poor Overbred platy issues

WagglePets

So I had this female platy for about 3 months the ENTIRE time she’s been pregnant NO males in the tank she’s heavily pregnant according to other fish keepers on TikTok anyways for the past week or so she’s been hiding and not eating how do I help her I even gave her a name and im attached ya know. I don’t want her to die she just never takes a break and I always find like one or 2 fry at a time not 30+
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 30ish
ph 7.6

Ghelfaire

Sounds like she's stressed. Can you give more details about your aquarium?

WagglePets

Sounds like she's stressed. Can you give more details about your aquarium?
Yes it’s overstocked (yes I know your probably rolling your eyes) I keep up on weekly sometimes 2 times a week water changes and there’s some live plants in there. Sorry if I left out any info

Ghelfaire

I don't know what size your tank is or what's in it, that's why I asked. Have you tried putting her in something separate to see if it helps? Are there any other symptoms?
Female livebearers will drop 1-2 fry when they feel threatened, they may also reabsorb the fry instead of giving birth.

WagglePets

I don't know what size your tank is or what's in it, that's why I asked. Have you tried putting her in something separate to see if it helps? Are there any other symptoms?
Female livebearers will drop 1-2 fry when they feel threatened, they may also reabsorb the fry instead of giving birth.
Sorry it’s a 20 tall there’s some X-ray tetras serpae tetras 1 honey gourami 1 female betta 2 other female platy albino cories and mystery snails and she has this abbrasion on her face like above her mouth kind of its pinkish and someone told me it’s probably just injury but idk it doesnt look too bad

Ghelfaire

Can you post a picture? Injuries can get infected. Is there anything sharp she could have hurt herself on? Either way you should watch to see if she's getting bullied and by who. You may need to rehome her or the bully.
Otherwise I suggest a smaller hospital tank 5-10g. It'll be safer for her, may relieve stress and be easier to treat her if she needs medication for anything

WagglePets

She is swimming around more I noticed she’s one of the platys in the top right
And I don’t think there’s anything sharp and I don’t know if there’s bullies I’ll keep a close eye though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 11

Ghelfaire

That's good news. It might help if you replace a couple of the shorter decorations with taller ones. It breaks line of sight and will hopefully prevent any future bullying. It'll also give your corydoras more room to swim on the bottom

WagglePets

That's good news. It might help if you replace a couple of the shorter decorations with taller ones. It breaks line of sight and will hopefully prevent any future bullying. It'll also give your corydoras more room to swim on the bottom
That’s a great idea thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• ruthvsreality
  • Platy
Replies
Views
DoughBoy93090
Replies
Views
Scardom
  • Kerryn Run run
  • Platy