Poor Guppy...stomach?

BenL

I have absolutely no idea what is going on with this guppy. I've only had fish for about a month-and-a-half now and this and this one has always had a distended belly.

Any hints or tips? And thank you!

Attachments

• 20180717_182858.jpg
    20180717_182858.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 89

Advertisement

Advertisement
Need someone to look at her for me. DoubleDutch scarface Discus-Tang could y’all look at this guppy? Thank you.
Sorry Gypsie. Can't be of any help !

Sorry I'm late, I was just looking at my cories who arrived today

I can't open the file right now, but I may be of help. Does the stomach appear to be flattening out? Are the underbelly scales sticking up? Is its back hunched? Is it flashing? Is one of its fins clamped? Does the fish have dropsy?

If you see these symptoms it may be "unnamed" disease, quite common in livebearers. It has effected my guppies. Epsom salt doesn't work.

Sorry I'm late, I was just looking at my cories who arrived today

I can't open the file right now, but I may be of help. Does the stomach appear to be flattening out? Are the underbelly scales sticking up? Is its back hunched? Is it flashing? Is one of its fins clamped? Does the fish have dropsy?

If you see these symptoms it may be "unnamed" disease, quite common in livebearers. It has effected my guppies. Epsom salt doesn't work.

Had hubby look. Grumpy guy. Lol. He says the area above the vent is extremely swollen. He doesn’t see a gravid spot. It sounds like it could be a few things. A tumor. Birth gone wrong, body trying to reabsorb, internal parasites. But he says the fish looks fairly healthy except for this distended area. I’m leaning more towards tumor. Hopefully y’all can get a good look soon. Thank you for checking it out.

Advertisement
Here is a link to the picture on google photos. The fish seriously looks like it's going to pop - it's almost a bubble shape now. I think I should probably let the fish go to fish heaven but if you guys know anything about how to help it out, let me know!!

And many thanks for the responses folks! I plan on growing my fish family and tanks over time - it's a lot of work, but I seem to enjoy it

And many thanks for the responses folks! I plan on growing my fish family and tanks over time - it's a lot of work, but I seem to enjoy it

It’s called MTS. It’s a horrifying contagious infection! I just wanted to grow azolla and duckweed through the winter for my ponds. Had no intention of doing the aquarium thing again. Decided I needed a few guppies to keep the tank cycled cause ammonia stinks. Petco had a columnaris outbreak. I ended up with a mixed bag of trouble. Now everyone has me wanting a betta! Be careful. You’ll be looking at tanks and see that bigger more beautiful one just begging you to buy. I’m sorry. I think it’s too late for you to be saved. You’ve caught the bug. Anytime you see something you use a lot on sale, get it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mryan15
  • Question
Replies
Views
TheFishLord
Replies
Views
Ouse
Replies