Poor Firecracker 5 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by bolivianbaby, Mar 31, 2010.

1. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

We bought Firecracker around the 4th of July last year. He was a Petco cup baby that my daughter and I fell in love with and just had to bring home.

We lost Dracula (our other betta) around two weeks ago.

My mother came over last night and not only forgot that we had Firecracker (she actually asked me when I was going to have bettas in the house again), but when I showed her Firecracker and how much he's grown, she called him "pig nose". We've posted pics of him in the past, but they don't show him for his true beauty. His body is pretty much a solid blue/purple shade and his face has no color. It's flesh colored. If he were a horse, he would be called "bald-faced".

It was his fins we fell in love with in addition to his facial expressions. He always looks grumpy. His fins are blue and fringed in a pinkish purplish fuscia color.

Anways, I just wanted to share the lovely self-esteem issues that my mother is trying to give him. When she left, I gave him extra bloodworms to ease his broken heart. I told him he should've flared at her, but he's too much of a gentleman to do that;D

2. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

LOL! That's too cute!

3. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

Awwwwww what a sweet boy!

4. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

:;rl poor boy!
    least your family looks at them!!!!!!!!!!
    mine just think im crazy LOL

5. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

Ummmmmm Shawnie, you ARE! lol

6. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

:party0049:shhhhhhhhhh it was suppose to be OUR secret!:anim_35:

7. platy ben

platy benWell Known MemberMember

Do you have a pic of "pig nose" :p

8. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Aww Poor Firecracker! Don't ya wish you could give them a fishy hug?

It was secret? :angelnot:

9. cajunfiberco

cajunfibercoWell Known MemberMember

I wanna see his bald little face!!! I bet it's adorable <3

10. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Here are some pics. I couldn't get a good one "head on", but this shows the distinct coloring around his face and his finnage that we adore.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  11. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Awww he is a cutie I love is coloring! And Shawine...I feel your pain. My family has openly called me crazy for my fish...and I dont have nearly as many as some members on here....ROFL.

12. CharlemagneValued MemberMember

Poor Firecracker! The things our fish have to endure from ignorant, normal, humans, lol. He's beautiful! GRRR. How could anyone call him "pig nose"?

13. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Thanks everyone! I tell him he has "grumpy face" all the time, but he's such a sweetheart. Very mellow fish. Of course, my daughter swears he flared at her tonight, but she could've been pulling my leg.

14. Elodea

ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Gosh, Firecracker, why do you have to be such a gentleman? You've gotta learn to flare when you need to! That's what your big fancy fins are for!

15. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

What a cutie!!!
    and I'm curious... what makes Shawnie crazy and not the rest of us?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice