Poop or parasite?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by anz, Dec 17, 2012.

1. a

anz Valued Member Member

Two days ago, I posted a question about one of my fish not eating. Here is the link to this thread https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/...4149-what-could-wrong-my-fish-not-eating.html.

One poster suggested that i might have parasites because my fish's stomach looked concave. i had no idea that a concave stomach was a sign of a heath problem. That night I treated my tank with API General cure. Today I noticed that some of my fish have opaque looking poo. Does this mean that parasites are coming out? Is this a parasite or poo?

Attached Files:

2. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

I wish I had a definitive answer for you.. but that only thing I can think is to ask if the fish is eating better now? and is he acting normally?

3. Slug

Slug Well Known Member Member

Hard to see, is it segmented? The second photo looks like it could be segmented. It could be one of two things IMO, either stomach lining being passed or a tapeworm. If its segmented its a tapeworm. If I am not mistaken, AP General Cure contains metro and prazi, both of which would help the fish pass tapeworms or work to cure an internal problem. If it is indeed a tapeworm treat with Prazi.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice