Poop From Side Of Tummy

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Fishyfishlondon, Jun 21, 2018.

1. F

Fishyfishlondon New Member Member

Hi All,

I have a 125l freshwater tank with about 12 Neon Tetras, 4 mini rainbow fish & 8 pentazine barbs. Water parameters are 0/0/0 and I changed about 25% of the water yesterday.

One of the neon tetras seems to have a dark red side and looks like there is poo coming out. Any ideas what this could be please and how to resolve? I’ve got a mini breeding tank which I can move it too if neeeds be but it’s swimming around happily, as are the rest of the fish in the tank.

Thanks!

Abi

Attached Files:

2. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    F

Fishyfishlondon New Member Member

Thanks! Will try some seapara to try and fix it!

4. edevingo

edevingo Valued Member Member

Looks like an anchor worm. I have large fish and a few had anchor worm once. I was told to remove any that I could see with tweezers. I honestly was to afraid and opted for the "let them fall out approach" they say it's the easiest way to rid them. I don't know if they recommend it for small fish but figured I'd mention it as an option too read into.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice