Pool Table Slate In Aquarium???

bkaiser3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So i am big into pool playing. Im on a league and i play everyday. And i goto thinking. Can pool table slate be used in an aquarium. I did research and pool table slate and slate rock are the exact same thing. I also read in a few different forums saying that it can be put in aquariums. What does everyone think? I have 3 pieces of slate in my garage from my old table that i was thinking of breaking and using in my tank.

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use the rough square and rectangle cut slate tiles home depot sells in all my tanks to no ill effect. Go for it!

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
100% i use the plum slate you buy for the garden, you know the chippings, its inert + you know that one will be clean.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Back in the olden days, aquariums had metal frames and slate bottoms. so slate is fine. The only thing I would worry about with pool table slate is the possibility of the adhesive that they glue the felt to the slate with being in the aquarium.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Pretty much any natural rock can be used if boiled first. That way you know youre getting clean and sterile. I have an old metal frame aquarium from the 50's that has a slate bottom actually.

bkaiser3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Back in the olden days, aquariums had metal frames and slate bottoms. so slate is fine. The only thing I would worry about with pool table slate is the possibility of the adhesive that they glue the felt to the slate with being in the aquarium.
The glue is only on the edges of the slate so as long as i dont use the edges that shouldnt be an issue. But a very good thought.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom