Pond Vs Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey I have this greedy beast known as a cat and I want to know how to protect my future goldfish pond from it. Or will he even show interest towards it?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It depends on the cat i guess, if we wants a fish or not. I've seen some people putting netting over their pond, the same you buy for leaf guards in the fall. They say it works well. I've got coyotes around my house also, and they do a very good job keeping down the cat population.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It depends on the cat i guess, if we wants a fish or not. I've seen some people putting netting over their pond, the same you buy for leaf guards in the fall. They say it works well. I've got coyotes around my house also, and they do a very good job keeping down the cat population.
My cat's def after some fish! Saw him eyeing my betta today actually. I'll look into the net, although I think that would be a little ugly. Maybe some catnip on the other side of the garden lol

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Netting doesnt have to be ugly. Theres products out there thats made put of stainless steel and comes in interesting designs - like 'stimulate water rippling - which may be of interest?

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I suppose I'll look into it. Thanks for the help and I guess the net is a win-win as it keeps the leaves out.

davis

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a lot of feral cats drinking from the pond for the last few years and they have never done anything to the fish. I do have rocks around the edges for the fish to hide some places though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom