Pond Vs Cat

Discussion in 'Ponds' started by Discus-Tang, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

Hey I have this greedy beast known as a cat and I want to know how to protect my future goldfish pond from it. Or will he even show interest towards it?

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

It depends on the cat i guess, if we wants a fish or not. I've seen some people putting netting over their pond, the same you buy for leaf guards in the fall. They say it works well. I've got coyotes around my house also, and they do a very good job keeping down the cat population.

3. OP
    OP
    Discus-Tang

My cat's def after some fish! Saw him eyeing my betta today actually. I'll look into the net, although I think that would be a little ugly. Maybe some catnip on the other side of the garden lol

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Netting doesnt have to be ugly. Theres products out there thats made put of stainless steel and comes in interesting designs - like 'stimulate water rippling - which may be of interest?

5. OP
    OP
    Discus-Tang

I suppose I'll look into it. Thanks for the help and I guess the net is a win-win as it keeps the leaves out.

6. davis

davis Valued Member Member

I have a lot of feral cats drinking from the pond for the last few years and they have never done anything to the fish. I do have rocks around the edges for the fish to hide some places though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice