Pond plants dying/leaves rotting?

Kesh88
I have a water poppy and golden moneywort in my small container pond that seem to be dying. Many of the leaves are rotting, turning brown and slimy. Yet at the same time there's a little bit of new growth, but more dying leaves than new leaves. Both plants are in pots.

I set the pond up a few weeks ago and have been changing some of the water out each week and refilling with treated water as I also have fish in the pond. The pond gets maybe 3 hours direct sunlight per day and so far only has a little algae.

Any ideas as to why my plants are dying and what I can do to save them? I've raised the golden moneywort up so the top of the pot is out of the water as I've read it's not really an aquatic plant and it grows near the edge of ponds. Not sure what to do with these plants. It's my first pond, first time growing these plants and I have a terrible green thumb. Help?!

Coradee
Bumping this up for you

Kesh88
Thx

Kesh88
Could it just be "melt" from being in a new environment or am I doing something wrong that is making the plants die?

Mcasella
It may be melt, if they were used to tank type environment it may take them some time to recover, the fish may be snacking on them (what are the fish?), they may not have enough sunlight? Compared to tank lighting they were getting, I would remove the dead leaves and try to trim the new growth off and let it try to grow without the dead bits. That would also help keep water clean without dead leaves in it.

Kesh88
The fish are white cloud minnows. I'm not sure exactly how much direct sunlight the pond gets, but I'd estimate 4 hours, then it goes into the shadow from our fence. There are no trees or anything in our courtyard where the pond is which gets sun from around 8am-7pm.

Kesh88
My plants are still dying :-( not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to save them!

Mcasella
TrI'm any dead leaves off, I'm not sure it looks like they don't like the environment, that they are "melting" and changing to it, were they heated before?

Kesh88
They were outdoors in a nursery before I purchased them

Kesh88
The water poppy has lost all of its leaves now :-(

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ethand
Replies
Views
Dino
Replies