Pond Might Take Some Convincing

Discussion in 'Ponds' started by penguin02, Apr 22, 2018.

1. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

I went to the LFS yesterday and my family fell in love with a creepy looking goldfish. And I got to thinking.... We have this old rickety table sitting in our screened in patio that we want to get rid of anyways.... What if we get a POND out in the patio room?

Then I found this company that makes a 60g wall pond that fits the area EXACTLY.  

So does this pond look safe? Could we get a few goldfish in a 60g pond? It might never happen but it can't hurt to come up with a plan ;)

If we do get this pond, I want to get it soon. There's a sale going on with free shipping and reduced prices, so the entire wall pond kit would only be $595 dollars.

2. 75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

What kind of goldfish is it? Fancy goldfish would work, but commons, comets, and other long bodied goldfish wouldn’t.

3. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

I like fancies and black moor goldfish. The one we saw was probably a fancy

4. 75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

You could have 4-5 with good filtration.

5. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

I might do less than that because the dimensions of the pond look weird. I'm doubting if it's actually 60 gallons.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I haven't even told my family yet :D

6. 75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

What about a stock tank? Those are kinda cheap.

Or if you have a large backyard, you can dig a pond and buy some pond liner.

7. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

Digging a pond is out of the question. A stock pond is cheaper, but I have a better chance of convincing them if the pond looks nice.