Pond Might Take Some Convincing

Discussion in 'Ponds' started by penguin02, Apr 22, 2018.

1. penguin02

penguin02Well Known MemberMember

I went to the LFS yesterday and my family fell in love with a creepy looking goldfish. And I got to thinking.... We have this old rickety table sitting in our screened in patio that we want to get rid of anyways.... What if we get a POND out in the patio room?

Then I found this company that makes a 60g wall pond that fits the area EXACTLY.  

So does this pond look safe? Could we get a few goldfish in a 60g pond? It might never happen but it can't hurt to come up with a plan ;)

If we do get this pond, I want to get it soon. There's a sale going on with free shipping and reduced prices, so the entire wall pond kit would only be $595 dollars.

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

What kind of goldfish is it? Fancy goldfish would work, but commons, comets, and other long bodied goldfish wouldn’t.

3. OP
    OP
    penguin02

I like fancies and black moor goldfish. The one we saw was probably a fancy

4. 75g Discus Tank

You could have 4-5 with good filtration.

5. OP
    OP
    penguin02

I might do less than that because the dimensions of the pond look weird. I'm doubting if it's actually 60 gallons.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I haven't even told my family yet :D

6. 75g Discus Tank

What about a stock tank? Those are kinda cheap.

Or if you have a large backyard, you can dig a pond and buy some pond liner.

7. OP
    OP
    penguin02

Digging a pond is out of the question. A stock pond is cheaper, but I have a better chance of convincing them if the pond looks nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice