Pond Lining And Filter

Discussion in 'Ponds' started by PilotWhale, Jun 26, 2019.

1. PilotWhale

PilotWhaleNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    Just started
    Hey guys! I'm building a pond and I thought I had everything worked out, though i am now greatly realizing I am missing probably the most fundamental part: filter intriquicies and specifically connecting the filter to the pond. I decided to use a pot as the filter with the drainage hole as the spot I connect the tubing through so that water comes out the pot. But, and I feel like such an idiot for overlooking this, when water comes out, some of it seeps through the crack between the liner and the out-pour of the filter, and I lose about 3 inches an hour in an already very small pond (125 gallons). How would you guys recommend I attach the two so water stops leaking out? I would prefer an option where I don't have to make it permanent (e.i., silicone) but I am willing to if that's the only way to keep the pot. I have a few pictures below to better depict what I am talking about. It's kind of ****, but maybe it'll help somebody out. 1561593278257.

2. Skavatar

SkavatarWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,507
    Experience:
    2 years
    maybe teflon tape?

3. OP
    OP
    PilotWhale

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    Just started
    I decided to use some silicone tape. I'll let you know if it works or not. Thank you!

4. Paulpatine

PaulpatineNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Try epoxy, let it dry good and it should be fine

5. Paulpatine

PaulpatineNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry for extra Reply, i dont see a edit button but also you could probably also use like body filler. We use it for the odd connections on my pond and it works great

6. OP
    OP
    PilotWhale

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    Just started
    Awesome. The silicone tape is working right now, but I do have this hunch that it's not gonna be permanently working, so I will use that when it inevitably dies out. The silicone tape also looks a little white trash too, so that might hasten the transition