Pond Fish in Aquarium?

maia

Reaction score
Dear all,

My parents are moving out of the country this week and I came home to help them pack. They have a pond in their yard and a few years ago had koi and some other sort gold pond fish in there. But we had a heron that ate them all up. My father was looking at the pond and asked, "Hey did you get new fish?" We looked at the pond and there are tiny (maybe 2 - 3 inch) fish. Some are gold, some are gold with black spots, some are brownish black. Could it be?! Babies?! Koi?! Wow...years later they appear out of nowhere. Amazing. Anyway, since my parents are moving they can't take the fish with them. But they invested a lot of money in the original stock. So they'd like to somehow keep these fish. Does anyone know if there is a way I can set up some sort of temporary indoor pond or if I can aquariumize a few of these fish until I move into my new place in August?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should be able to keep them inside in an unheated aquarium until then or outside in a large rubermaid container with a filter onit.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom