Pond Filters - Please Explain!

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
I am looking a lot into landscape architecture recently and was wondering how you build pond filters? Do you do sumps? How do you do this for large ponds such as a 10,000g? I'm sure I'll have more and more questions lol. Thanks!

Fishproblem

AcornTheBetta said:
Hi all!
I am looking a lot into landscape architecture recently and was wondering how you build pond filters? Do you do sumps? How do you do this for large ponds such as a 10,000g? I'm sure I'll have more and more questions lol. Thanks!
There is an awesome youtube channel for this.
This specific series taught me a LOT about pond filtration.

JamieBAnd

Most folks buy their pumps. Ideally, you want to move the pond water volume 1 1/2-2x per hour through the filter, except for bog filters, which require slower flow. For the larger volumes of water, you can either keep fish that don’t require absolutely pristine conditions, or get multiple pumps. There are many good dedicated pond forums, which can explain in detail, how to build a pond, select fish, plants, pumps, filters, let the pond get seeded with life, and the hazards that can effect your pond. I enjoy “ garden pond forum” and have been a member there for years. We can get a bit pushy about “ try a bog filter” but that is because it’s proven to work well for our members. I’m planning one for my pond now!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom