Pond Filter

navyscuba
Ok so I got a Hot Tub shell to make a pond out of it and clueless about filters for ponds. Anyone out there with any reviews or recommendations?

Aquarist
Hello Navy

Here is a link to the filter I have in my pond. I've had it for several years and it does a great job. You can always play around with the filter media of your choice as I'm sure you know.

When I set this pond in place I purchased my filter according to the ponds/filter # of gallons and not by the gph. My pond is 125g preform, black.

Ken

navyscuba
Thanks Ken That is the kind of filter I was looking at but I want just the filter and put a waterfall in one corner. I might need a pump with a good Head output.

Stang Man
Use a savio Skimmer filter they are the top of line filters and are well worth the bucks there are others out there that are very similuar. A pump sits inside and you can have run to a fall.

navyscuba
Stang Man said:
Use a savio Skimmer filter they are the top of line filters and are well worth the bucks there are others out there that are very similar. A pump sits inside and you can have run to a fall.
That is a serious filter but I don't think I need some that big tho. Thanks for the hint tho.

TedsTank
Pondmaster are great products.
You could add a larger (longer) hose to run the fountain to a corner. Horizontal runs with hose make no difference to the pump operation. Only the height of the head needed will dictate the pump power needed. The model Ken mentioned has a 7 foot head. Good system!!

Stang Man
I was just going to say that pond master makes a good product as well a lot cheaper too!!!

navyscuba
I think we are going with the pondmaster since it fits perfect to the bottom of the deepest are of the pond.

Stang Man
Sounds like a plan to me!!! Take some pics thru the process!!!

navyscuba
Stang Man said:
Sounds like a plan to me!!! Take some pics thru the process!!!
Oh I will.

gremlin
I started out with that same filter. I now have an external pressure filter with a uv bulb. The uv is nice because it prevents the "green pea soup" algae. It is also nice to not have the filter take up space in the pond.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom