Poll! What is your favorite freshwater fish!

What is your favorite freshwater fish!! (Be specific in a post! And tell me why!) (There are a lot o

• Total voters

Amnagrla

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
lol the only other three that are voted for. Balloon Mollies, Platys, and gouramis. I put balloon mollies on the list JUST for me!! :) haha

I had fish as a kid. My mother set up a 10g tank for us kids and we loved it. My favorite back then were our black mollies. And a few weeks ago, not knowing this, I went and bought a black balloon molly (named Sophie).. and my mother almost started to cry telling me how the black molly was always my favorite!! hahaha Oh, mothers...

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
goldfish, angel, Oscars...................one of my friends got some piranhas recently and i kind of like those too, very interesting fish, they r so peaceful ...............................................just kidding ! they r monsters, but i like them,they r cool 8); i think i will get some if i buy another tank.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I answered
- balloon molly: because my favorite fish at home is a balloon molly. She's got the greatest personality and is always the first to greet me. We thought we'd loose her to disease not too long ago so she's got a really special place in my heart.
- goldfish: because they're sooo interactive and clever
- betta: because they're sooo beautiful

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Bettas - for their personalities and interaction. Platys for being stomachs with fins and just funny little fish. Guppies for the beautiful tails, especially on the fancy varieties.

Gozer_1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I voted Oscar because of their great personalities, but I was very torn between them and gouramis. I have always had gouramis. Anytime I've had a tank, I've had a gourami or 2. Oscars (atleast mine) always seem to be so happy and they swim all over the tank from top to bottom. They love visitors or atleast the possibilty the visitor might drop in some food. They just get so excited when you come up to the tank. They are hard not to love.

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
I voted oscars because of their great personalities too. I have a juvenile Tiger one (really pretty markings, I love him/her!) and he's just started coming to the front of the tank when I'm there, and eating bloodworm that I dangle in the tank in a pair of tweezers

I can't wait until I'm trusted enough to stroke him.

Gozer_1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I voted oscars because of their great personalities too. I have a juvenile Tiger one (really pretty markings, I love him/her!) and he's just started coming to the front of the tank when I'm there, and eating bloodworm that I dangle in the tank in a pair of tweezers

I can't wait until I'm trusted enough to stroke him.
People never believe it when they see me pet my fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom