2. Saltwater

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

What kind of tanks does everyone have?  Login to vote and see the results.

2. e

euphiesman New Member Member

Have 2 freshwater tanks 1 cold and 1 tropical, saltwater seems like too much hard work and toooooo expensive to go wrong.

3. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Fresh for me. Not ready for the time and expense of salt.

4. f

fletch Valued Member Member

how much does it cost to set up a salt water tank? a small one. Ive been told it may cost me £6000 (yes, thousand) to set up, Ithink thats somewhere around $7500 USD but is it true?

5. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I don't think it would cost that much at least here in the states. I'd say $1000 wouldn't be far from the truth though just for a smaller set up. The lighting alone is probably around $300.00 for a small tank.

6. t

tennhound New Member Member

set up right now I have 2 55gl and 1 20gl tanks and you don't want to even ask what I have empty.

MARIE

7. 0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

For now and probably forever I'm sticking to freshwater. It's my dream to breed, and you can't easily breed Marines...and besides, I don't have any money!

8. J

Jessie_Lynn Valued Member Member

I am with 0morrokh  on this one I have fresh water tanks. I love them because it's fun to breed fish. ;D

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

All mine are freshwater also.
    Carol

10. n

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

I don't really have an interest in breeding cuz i only have a 10gal but i agree w u on the other things! I have only enough money to buy my fishy stuff. :-\

11. p

platypuff New Member Member

I have one tank which is freshwater

12. C

COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

We have 5 freshwater tanks.. saltwater is planned down the line for some tomato clowns.