• Yes, absolutely!

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • No way!

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • Undecided but open to the possibility

Votes: 37 37.8%

• Total voters
Cherie G
Ok everyone, not sure how it started but this became the topic for a pretty funny debate in my house recently and I was curious how it would shake out if I posed the question to you all. So just to be up front, I believe in the possibility, my husband believes in the possibility that I am out of my mind.

max h
He sure does exsist, I played rugby with him in the 80's. JI'm wore a size 17 or 18 shoe and had to have his cleats custom made.

IHaveADogToo
Is it really so difficult to believe there is an unconfirmed population of "undiscovered" primates living in the wild in North America? We're discovering new animals species all the time. So much of North America is still unexplored. I'm not saying "bigfoot is real" but I am saying it's entirely possible that a population of reclusive, large primates that science has yet to officially discover or acknowledge does live in the wild in North America.

ValerieAdams
I don't think so but I want to follow to see if anyone has any theories or something lol

Smalltownfishfriend
Nope. I don't believe in monsters or anything like that!!

mattgirl
Some folks believe we are being visited by aliens....some folks believe in big foot....maybe they are one and the same. Personally I am open to the possibility of both. I believe anything is possible but require undeniable proof and seeing that proof with my own two eyes before believing but even then I would have to consider the source of the undeniable proof. How's that for talking around in circles

HORNET1
US SIZE 26 (not PhotoShopped)

Jelson-Feet-guinnessworldrecords-2016_tcm25-404155.jpg
Does Bigfoot exist?
YES, absolutely !!!

Ohio Mark
Oh, this is a GREAT topic! I have no firm opinion one way or the other, but I like Bigfoot stories & "hunters." I live close to where a yearly Bigfoot Symposium is held (Newcomerstown, Ohio) and I have so often wanted to go, but the Mrs. objects, saying my sanity is already in question because of my fish hobby. (Which she seems to feel is a bit obsessive. Ahem.) So, with "Bigfoot activity" in our area, I get to hear strange stories. I live for strange stories.

Mazeus
Maybe we should start a similar threat about the Loch Ness monster. And if Nessie does exist, what size aquarium would she need?

ValerieAdams
Oh, this is a GREAT topic! I have no firm opinion one way or the other, but I like Bigfoot stories & "hunters." I live close to where a yearly Bigfoot Symposium is held (Newcomerstown, Ohio) and I have so often wanted to go, but the Mrs. objects, saying my sanity is already in question because of my fish hobby. (Which she seems to feel is a bit obsessive. Ahem.) So, with "Bigfoot activity" in our area, I get to hear strange stories. I live for strange stories.
Ever watched the show Mountain Monsters? One of the guys lives 5 minutes down the road from me. He came to our high school once to talk to us about his adventures. His show is 100% fake though, but entertaining lol

Ohio Mark
By the way.... A bigfoot "hunter" once brought up the example of the okapi, an animal now found in zoos I have been to. For a long time Europeans in Africa dismissed the okapI as a legend. (And why not? A largish mammal with zebra-striped legs, a giraffe-like neck, and a horsey body with a deer's face? Sure...) Then in the early 1900's, someone caught a few and there you go, a myth busted. Now I see them in a zoo in my home state. It does seem far-fetched that a Bigfoot could go undocumented in this high-tech age, but it would be fascinating if someone could catch or document one, as in documenting one in some way other than a blurry photograph of dubious quality.

Ever watched the show Mountain Monsters? One of the guys lives 5 minutes down the road from me. He came to our high school once to talk to us about his adventures. His show is 100% fake though, but entertaining lol

I don't watch TV, but if I did, that show would make my list!

HORNET1
Maybe we should start a similar threat about the Loch Ness monster. And if Nessie does exist, what size aquarium would she need?
Frankly, I think Nessie is a fake manned by aliens as a ruse to divert attention away from the existence of extraterrestrials.

JoeCamaro
I used to firmly believe it exists, I was very interested in stories and documentaries. Now I am unsure.
As stated before, there are too many unexplored areas in the USA alone, not to mention Canada. My problem is nowadays nobody goes out without any sort of camera, whether be a cellphone, go pro, dslr, you name it. So many accounts of sightings and not a single quality photo? Makes me doubt.
There are some kind of ok videos that make me wonder, though.
Could they be something other than a primate? Could they be NephilI'm descendants? There are wild theories out there.

ValerieAdams
I don't watch TV, but if I did, that show would make my list!
You should at least look it up online, some of their claims & stories are quite interesting lol

Frankly, I think Nessie is a fake manned by aliens as a ruse to divert attention away from the existence of extraterrestrials.
I love this lol

Attachments

• nessie.gif
    nessie.gif
    734.3 KB · Views: 70
  • nessie.gif
    nessie.gif
    734.3 KB · Views: 79
Sh899y
People who think big foot exists should be placed firmly in the same category as those who believe the world is flat. Yes new species are discovered all the time, but when was the last time a species as large as an elephant was newfound? (On land not underwater)

ValerieAdams
People who think big foot exists should be placed firmly in the same category as those who believe the world is flat. Yes new species are discovered all the time, but when was the last time a species as large as an elephant was newfound? (On land not underwater)
An elephant?! I thought big foot was just a little over the size of a human

JoeCamaro
Gorillas were officially discovered by science 108 years ago and they are massive.

Ohio Mark

You mean the world is round?! Oh my word, this changes everything!

(Just kidding. )

Sh899y
Gorillas were officially discovered by science 108 years ago and they are massive.

Just think where we are now in terms of technology, something like a Bigfoot (ok so maybe not elephant size ValerieAdams - but still bigger than something you can fit in my shoe) or Loch Ness Monster would have been found.

Naturally just my opinion but I'm not the biggest optimist ever.

Fanatic
I can consider myself a bigfoot, my feet are big for my age.
But, no the bigfoot doesn't truly exist, neither does the loch ness monster, aliens, or ghosts.
Sorry to whoever's bubble I just burst.

Pescado_Verde
Funny how with smartphone cameras being EVERYWHERE these days the number of sightings has dropped dramatically.
"I saw a Sasquatch!"
"Where's the picture?"
"Uh...."
"You had your phone with you, right? I mean, you posted 30 pictures of some random stuff just the other day"

Sh899y
I can consider myself a bigfoot, my feet are big for my age.
But, no the bigfoot doesn't truly exist, neither does the loch ness monster, aliens, or ghosts.
Sorry to whoever's bubble I just burst.

Disagree with ghosts

Fanatic
Disagree with ghosts

Well, it's just too silly to believe, and why would the world be filled with ghosts?
If God created ghosts, and they were real, the Bible would say something about it, but it clearly does not

JoeCamaro
Just think where we are now in terms of technology, something like a Bigfoot (ok so maybe not elephant size ValerieAdams - but still bigger than something you can fit in my shoe) or Loch Ness Monster would have been found.

Naturally just my opinion but I'm not the biggest optimist ever.

Yeah, I understand your point and it is ok to disagree.

Sh899y
Well, it's just too silly to believe, and why would the world be filled with ghosts?
If God created ghosts, and they were real, the Bible would say something about it, but it clearly does not

When you're pulled out of bed by a poltergeist I'll ask you the question again

ValerieAdams
Good point, but still, after my grandpa died, his favorite food started shaking in it's container. My mom tried everything to get it to do it again (complete with jumping, banging things together) and never could. So maybe not ghosts but something

HORNET1
When you're pulled out of bed by a poltergeist...

Good question.
When you're pulled out of bed by a poltergeist...
Squatch'ya gonna do?

JoeCamaro
Rumor has it they have Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) working with Scientists in Area 52 (a lesser known, low-budget copy of Area 51)

Just kidding

Cherie G
This explains everything !

Also what about the Patterson/Gimlin film? (you have all probably seen it even if you don't know the name of it) Not saying it proves anything but it is compelling none the less. But no one has been able to prove it was faked, or real for that matter.

Attachments

• 81a0poU0xmL._UX385_.jpg
    81a0poU0xmL._UX385_.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 128
ValerieAdams
Also what about the Patterson/Gimlin film? (you have all probably seen it even if you don't know the name of it) Not saying it proves anything but it is compelling none the less. But no one has been able to prove it was faked, or real for that matter.
Never even heard of it

JoeCamaro
The thing that gets me about the PG film is how the thigh muscle moves and reacts to movement in a very realistic way. Something you'd not see in a costume.

Also, I saw a documentary where they hired a professional athlete to react the movements of Patty and it was not possible. He couldn't do it.

IHaveADogToo
I have seen the PG film. I saw a documentary on it. Nobody has been able to confirm or deny it's authenticity, but it's certainly compelling, and more convincing than the "man in a fur suit" videos.

Mazeus
You know what I have always wondered about ghosts, why are they always modern (say from the Victorian era onward), nobody ever seems to see stoneage ghosts or Neanderthal ghosts, what's that about?

JoeCamaro
You know what I have always wondered about ghosts, why are they always modern (say from the Victorian era onward), nobody ever seems to see stoneage ghosts or Neanderthal ghosts, what's that about?
Easy. When the chupacabras came to this planet, it caused the Mandela Effect, which in turn deleted the part of ghosts in prehistory...

Lol!

ValerieAdams
Or pet ghosts

JoeCamaro
Who remembers Bat Boy? He was big in the tabloids in the 90's. I wonder if he found a job and has a family now. Rumor has it he had plastic surgery to fix his ears.

Cherie G
Never even heard of it

You must not be a child of the 70's ha ha! You can find it on line, very interesting. The documentary some others have mentioned was pretty good, done in a scientific way instead of the tabloid style of story this topic usually is done in.

ValerieAdams
Who remembers Bat Boy? He was big in the tabloids in the 90's. I wonder if he found a job and has a family now. Rumor has it he had plastic surgery to fix his ears.
Okay well I was born in 1998 so I think I missed him lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
aquatickeeper
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies
Views
WTFish?
Top Bottom