• YoYo

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Dean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I like both of these loaches and want to get a few for my tank. I do think that the Polka Dot's look better but will they eat snails too? That not the reason I want loaches but I do have a snail problem too. I've read a lot about how YoYo's love snail but nothing about Polka Dot's eating snails. Also, which would be an overall better addition to my 55 gal tank? Thanks a lot.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree, it's six of one and a half dozen of the other.

Dean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What about personality and looks?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dean said:
What about personality and looks?
I like the looks of both but my Yoyos were more out and about into everybodys business than the Polkadots.
Carol

Dean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
in a bad way? bothering othet fish?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dean said:
in a bad way? bothering other fish?
No not in a bad way Mine were just nosey they were always swimming around which I liked. They adored my cat who would sit with her face against the tank and they would swim up and stare back

My polkadots would stay hidden until night time then come out and cruise some but didn't seem to me to have the same outgoing personality.
carol

Dean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Does anyone else think that polka dots arn't out and about swimming around as much as yoyo's?

Dean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
anyone have insight to add?

swordgecko

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I do like polka but yoyo are also cool I would say polka but you should get both so you can be not only happy but very happy!

ticocruiser

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have the polka dot in fact three of them and they are out all the time. They are so much fun to watch. And mine are always looking for snails. I had the hitch hiker snails on the driftwood and don't see them anymore.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had 3 yoyos that were a real hoot to watch. They got along beautifully and never ever bothered any of my other fish. They were very active and I always thought really beautiful. Personality plus!

I would definitely have them again.

Dean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do have a snail problem I got from some plants I bought. In two tanks though. I kinda want to put them in one tank for a while to clean out the snails then move them to the other tank but feel like that's kinda mean to the loaches.

Dean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I decided to go with Polka Dots. I like their patterns better. I'm ordering 6 of them and a few other fish from a good seller.

FYI-DON'T BUY FISH FROM TROPICAL FISH DISTRIBUTERS!!!! Bad people, Bad business. And two out of the three fish I bought from them died within a month.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads