Polar Blue Parrotfish laying egg

astolgie

My polar blue parrotfish is laying eggs and idk what to do. I have many other fish in the tank so how do i remove them? I have a small tank but that cant fit that many fish. What should i do???

jkkgron2

What’s the tank size? Full stocking?

jkkgron2

astolgie

jkkgron2 said:
That’s pretty overstocked. Those parrots should probably be in a 75+ Gallon tank if you want to keep them all. I would either rehome the rummynose tetras and parrots or upgrade to a 75 gallon and rehome the gourami.
I have 1 empty 5 gallon so ill use that so do i remove all of them?

jkkgron2

astolgie said:
I have 1 empty 5 gallon so ill use that so do i remove all of them?
As long as it’s very temporary I would Remove the gourami and neon tetras and put them in there. Are you going to rehome? Otherwise they will need a much larger tank.

astolgie

Im going to rehome them

SouthAmericanCichlids

Welcome to Fishlore! Move the neons to the 5g, and get at least 2 more. And if you don't have 6 rummynose, get at least 6 and keep them and the honey gourami in the 10g. And rehome all the blood parrots, 55g is the minimum tank size for blood parrots.

Quiche

Hello, welcome to the forum! It's great that you recognize that you probably won't be able to care for all those fish and are planning on rehoming them.
Back to the topic, though - as for the eggs, this might seem harsh but I really think you should consider freezing/destroying them ASAP, especially if they're freshly laid. It sounds like you're already in over your head and trying to raise a batch of fry wouldn't be a fair choice to your other fish.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Quiche said:
Hello, welcome to the forum! It's great that you recognize that you probably won't be able to care for all those fish and are planning on rehoming them.
I completely agree, I'm sorry if I came off rude or demeaning, when I had my first tank it was totally overstocked and had way to big fish too.

astolgie

Ok update the eggs hatched and the two parents are fine and I rehomed the others and they are fine.

jkkgron2

astolgie said:
Ok update the eggs hatched and the two parents are fine and I rehomed the others and they are fine.
Once the fry have grown up a bit I would rehome the parents. Once the fry mature (even if it’s temporary) they’ll start fighting and the parents may hurt them.

BettasAreSuperior

AggressiveAquatics ? Maybe you could add some extra info?

AggressiveAquatics

LeviS

LeviS

AggressiveAquatics said:
Thanks, I posted in his other thread.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom