poison ivy

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey everyone. I'm kind of concerned. I cleaned two fish tanks yesterday, and woke up this morning with poison ivy all over my hands. I know I got it from working in the garden, but is there any risk for the fish, since I had my hands in the water last night. Also when I feed them, with poison on my hands, any suggestions. thanks everyone, this might just me being worried.

steed1172

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm not sure about the effects, but it is a kind of oil, so it's very possible to have leached into the tank, best thing would be a large W/C and surface skimming(maybe with paper towel to soak it up) being as oil should float on the water..that being said try turning everything off that would could surface agitation, and see if a thin film forms on the surface, if so place a folded paper towel on it.
best of luck

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
thanks steed that's a good idea, but I'm even afaid to do that because of my hands, I don't want to touch anything with the fish right now, wait I'm being stupid, I could put on gloves, and do a water change.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I doubt if you'll have any issues with your fish. BUT- as we all know, fish love clean water, so a water change is a great idea anyway! ;D

I would definitely recommend wearing gloves, not for the fishes' sake, but to prevent infection for you since I assume you have open sores on your hands and/or arms.

I hope you feel better soon!

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
thanks harpu, I love my vegetable garden, but I hate it when I have to weed it, and run into a poison patch lol. Oh well these things happen lol.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads