Plz Help. Im Desperate.

Caleb Smith

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I woke up this morning thinking “I have some plants coming in today and my LFS is getting in a new shipment. This is gonna be great”. Well, I got home after buying a bunch of plants and getting a few in the mail only to find my tank covered in 3 new pests. The first is a microscopic little “insect” that is white and has a mite like appearance. The second is some form of clear fungus that is only showing itself in a few places (pic attached below). And the third is a clear hairlike fungus/algae that resembles the initial fungus that eventually forced me to deconstruct this tank. It is also too small to photograph at this time. Now I am stuck with a dozen new plants, an uncycled tank, and three pests that I can neither identify(because two are microscopic) nor treat. Despite completely emptying this tank, Bleaching it repeatedly and starting from complete scratch, I have still managed to reinfect it and I am really on the verge of giving up. I have attached the picture of the second pest in the hopes that somebody can identify it. Until then, I will sit for them to grow large enough for me to accurately identify.......

Attachments

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Caleb Smith said:
I woke up this morning thinking “I have some plants coming in today and my LFS is getting in a new shipment. This is gonna be great”. Well, I got home after buying a bunch of plants and getting a few in the mail only to find my tank covered in 3 new pests. The first is a microscopic little “insect” that is white and has a mite like appearance. The second is some form of clear fungus that is only showing itself in a few places (pic attached below). And the third is a clear hairlike fungus/algae that resembles the initial fungus that eventually forced me to deconstruct this tank. It is also too small to photograph at this time. Now I am stuck with a dozen new plants, an uncycled tank, and three pests that I can neither identify(because two are microscopic) nor treat. Despite completely emptying this tank, Bleaching it repeatedly and starting from complete scratch, I have still managed to reinfect it and I am really on the verge of giving up. I have attached the picture of the second pest in the hopes that somebody can identify it. Until then, I will sit for them to grow large enough for me to accurately identify.......
None of those are harmful my guy. The mites are what sounds like infuria and fish actually love to eat them. The second "clear fungus" is just pond snail eggs, which are helpful and only eat algae. Not sure what the third is, though most plants have algae spores. Should be harmless.

Caleb Smith

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FriarThomasIII said:
None of those are harmful my guy. The mites are what sounds like infuria and fish actually love to eat them. The second "clear fungus" is just pond snail eggs, which are helpful and only eat algae. Not sure what the third is, though most plants have algae spores. Should be harmless.
After looking it up. I agree with the infusoria and the pond snail eggs. However, after looking over the tank, im certain that the fungus has returned. Im most likely going to try and find a home for my axolotl because I can no longer do this....

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just to be safe, go and get some anti-fungus killer from your lfs. It works very fast. Once I had the same issue, and the medicine cleared it up in only about 24 hours. : )

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Caleb Smith said:
After looking it up. I agree with the infusoria and the pond snail eggs. However, after looking over the tank, im certain that the fungus has returned. Im most likely going to try and find a home for my axolotl because I can no longer do this....
I wouldn't give up man. eventually with a little treatment, the fungus will be gone and the troubles will be over. But if you give up now, you won't have the beauty of an aquarium in your room, which is something to miss out on. Give it time.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom