Plumbing Brute Cans

Discussion in 'Reverse Osmosis - Deionization' started by LJC6780, Apr 17, 2017.

  1. LJC6780Well Known MemberMember

    What do y'all use to plumb your brute cans?

    I'm working on getting my water change station all set up so I can finally get this tank done but I have to redo the seals on the cans and I really don't think the current way is the best solution. There are some sort of rings around a pipe with silicone all over them. Currently they leak and I don't want to keep putting a bandaid on it and I don't want to come out to 30 gallons of water in my garage.

    I'm not sure what size pipes but maybe they are 2"?

    I also need to trim that top board a bit so they can sit over the hole correctly. Then I'll brace the pipes down so they don't wiggle every time I turn the ball valve.

    (I recently got this along with a tank from someone else and this is how it was done)

  2. AvalancheDaveWell Known MemberMember

    Uniseals are what I see people talking about when plumbing barrels. I'm not sure what your Brutes came with but if they're Uniseals I think they're installed incorrectly since all that sealant shouldn't be necessary.

  3. LJC6780Well Known MemberMember

    They look like a black rubber ring that is flat. And honestly I should have peeled everything off before going to Home Depot too because I have no idea if those holes were cut with a circle bit or by hand so I may have to buy new cans and start over if the holes aren't uniform.

  4. LJC6780Well Known MemberMember

    And I think they are 1.5" after measuring. I was thinking something like this MIGHT do it if the holes are uniform. Stick this in then feed pipe through and let the rubber be the seal.
  5. James17Well Known MemberMember

    That won't work try to find Bulkheads
  6. James17Well Known MemberMember

    You will probably have to order them online, don't think they will be at home improvement store.
  7. LJC6780Well Known MemberMember

    THAT is exactly what I was looking for! Couldn't find one though. I was looking for one a while back for a drilled tank and couldn't find one then either. I'll look online!
  8. James17Well Known MemberMember

  9. James17Well Known MemberMember

  10. LJC6780Well Known MemberMember

  11. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

    If you have a Tractor Supply store in your area, that's where I get mine. They have several sizes in stock.
  12. LJC6780Well Known MemberMember

    I do! I'll check there later today! Thanks.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice