Pls help, specific questions about how to split 20 gallon tank for two bettas!

Mamastacia3

Hello all,

I did ask a similar question recently but would like some more specific suggestions if anyone has any. I currently have one betta in a 10 gallon tank that is on a shelf that is open to two rooms so the HOB filter is on the "short" side. I now have another betta and I want to get a 20 gallon tank for the same space and put in a divider (obviously one they can't see each other through). My dilemma is that I can't have the filter in the middle of the long side of the tank because that will obscure the view from one of the rooms and be kind of unsightly.

With a divider that has water flow holes, can I filter the tank from one end only? Will the water flow still get to the other side? I could put the air pump on the other side, so have the filter on one side and the air bubbling on the other side. I do plan to rotate the two fish periodically (like every couple of months) to give them a new environment and surroundings.

Thoughts? I really like the setup I have now (photos attached), just would like the same thing on a bigger tank with a divider.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Stacia

IMG_8070.JPG
tank side view.jpg

Myyyman

That would work, otherwise you could put the divider slightly lower than the water level. That way it would remind you to do water changes when the water evaporates below it as well!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Falena
Replies
Views
CaptainAquatics
Replies
Views
Mhamilton0911
Replies
Views