Pls Help 4 Constipated Cory Cats Any Help Is Much Appreciated Help Really Neede

RUBY0321
I have 4 constipated Cory cats fed the 5 mashed and microwaved peas this morning can feed them peas again tonight mixed with their regular fish food and how many peas is proper? is mushing them the right way since they are so tiny and how will this affect the other non constipated fish I have 36 fishes in a 75 gallon tank I have 9 Cory cats

Advertisement
MikeRad89
How do you know they're constipated?

Advertisement
Aquaphobia
What kind of Cory are they and what makes you think these ones are constipated? What do you normally feed them? How much and how often?

RUBY0321
SterbaI they have a little bloated stomach and don't move much for 3 days now that's why I tried mushing boiled peas this mornin I used to use hikarI floating pellets and spirulina sinkable pellets since I also have plecos I stopped the sinkable for two days now

Feed them twice a day for 3 mmins

Aquaphobia
Are the spirulina pellets only vegetable based?

MikeRad89
Corys are highly carnivorous. Sinking shrimp pellets or sinking cichlid pellets with a high protein content are best.

Don't feed anything for 3 to 4 days. Their activity should increase and it'll give you time to get the correct foods.

Advertisement

RUBY0321
That's the prob because I don't have another tank and my quarantine tank is currently occupied by a pregnant molly should I mix them with her won't they eat her Babies? Can feed them more peas tonight mixed with their regular food?

AquaticJ
You shouldn't have a problem because Mollies are livebearers, if it were a fish that laid eggs then you'd have more of a problem.

RUBY0321
So I should not feed them tonight the peas mixed with regular fish food I fed them mushed peas this morning

ahsan
fish can go days without eating, just lay off the food for a few days.
bloating fish can be a number of issues, some internal parasites cause that as well..... if you cannot see any signs of sickness, then don't move them, use stressguard or something similar.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
Ryan1783
Replies
Views
snipperrr
Replies
Views