Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning.

Has anyone seen the Pledge (furniture polish) commercial with the fish tank containing Bloody Parrots? I saw it for the first time last night. I believe they had 4 in the tank, not sure of the size but it was a bit too small.

Yeah!!!!! I'm going to have to email them though to let them know they're going to need a bigger tank! :whistling:

Ken

Last edited:

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Morning Ken.

Lol, not seen it, don't think I will get to, but you should. Just to see what happens. Bet that's the last thing they expect!

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's interesting but sad... Yeah, do give them a call and see what happens. Maybe they'll either redo the ad or they might give you free BRP if they can't get a bigger tank? Good luck Ken!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Email sent to Pledge:

Good morning. I saw a TV add last night, I think it was for the multi surface Pledge cleaner. In the add you had an aquarium with I believe 4, Blood Red Parrot fish.
Just curious as to where the fish are now? I have 11 of these wonderful fish in a 265 gallon aquarium. The tank you displayed in the commercial was a bit small to house the fish that were in the tank. These fish can grow to at least 9x6.5 (which is my largest Blood Red Parrot at the moment.
Just wanted to inquire.
Thanks for your time.

Ken

I'll post any responses that I receive. The memo said I should receive a response within 1 business day. We'll see.:whistling:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
lol Ken! Good for you!
However, these fish were actors and in the small tank for a short amount of time.
After the commercial was shot, they got in their limo and went home to their Bel Air mansions.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I haven't seen it either, but good for you Ken for standing up for them!

These fish are becoming quite popular and many people don't realize how big they get when given the proper environment. I for one am still amazed at how much waste is produced by two of them in a 55g tank. Mine aren't nearly the size of yours yet, either.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ken, you know this means you need an even larger tank to house these 4 parrots when the adoption is finalized...... :whistling:

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
More than likely they were just staged for the shoot. They were mostly likely rented and are back with the owner/company that owns them or given to a pet shop somewhere.

I'll bet those fish are like those dogs that are in the dog food commercials. Those dogs are hired to do the commercials than go home with the owners at the end of the day.

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'll bet those fish are like those dogs that are in the dog food commercials. Those dogs are hired to do the commercials than go home with the owners at the end of the day.
But why are some beautiful fish in a furniture polish ad? That's quite odd to me... Unless they're trying to advertise the BRP AND the furniture polish. haha

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I only got a glimpse of the commercial. Too, it looks as if they were going to clean the tank glass with the all surface cleaner. It also appeared that they sprayed the Pledge right by the fish tank. Although with camera tricks who can say for certain.
Ken

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
lol Ken! Good for you!
However, these fish were actors and in the small tank for a short amount of time.
After the commercial was shot, they got in their limo and went home to their Bel Air mansions.

Even so, they shouldn't be spraying it near an aquarium lol!!! It is pretty random, and I can safely say that I really cannot wait for the response to this one!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cute Lucy!

So far I only received a computer generated response that someone should respond within 1 business day. So, that's a start. I just thought it would be interesting to know

Ken

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So far I only received a computer generated response that someone should respond within 1 business day.
That's what big companies do with their email service. Can't wait for the response! Do keep us updated

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Josh,

I did receive a second email this one being from a person (not computer generated) and they just said that my inquiry was being forwarded to where it needed to go and that I should receive a response in 24 hours.

Maybe early next week I'll hear something. :whistling:

Ken

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, you never know. All I really would like though is a response.

Ken

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, you'll get a parrot from someone who has no idea what you're talking about. They'll send you a bird, and then you'll have to take it to BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom