Plecy problems

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by scubasean, Jul 19, 2015.

1. scubasean

scubasean New Member Member

Hey so I am still a bit of a beginner but have the basics down now but wanted some help.

My plecy has developed some stringy odd coloured poop. The set up is relatively new as I cracked the base of my old tank and it was WAY over stocked but since then have dwindled my stock down.

My current set up is as follows: 68lt tank. 2 goldfish, 5 ghost shrimp, 2 zebra snails and 1plecy (leopard?) also have a plant in there as want to slowly but surely want to scape both tanks (once/if I fix other tank)

He had this problem before but seemed to go away, went on to feeding frozen bloodworms and daphnia, should I give some of this again?

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437331971.849103.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!! Good to have you here! :D

That tank is overstocked, I'm sorry to say. Both the pleco and the goldfish will need bigger tanks, do you know what kind of goldies you have?

Sounds like it could be an internal parasite, do you have a heated, filtered tank where you could QT him?

What are your water parameters?

Also, what else have you been feeding him?

3. OP
    OP
    scubasean

Figured it was still overstocked but didn't want just an empty tank/snails and shrimp only till I can get optimum set up. No QT at the moment might be able to in day or 2, won't be a tank though , more a plastic storage box, as said other tank is in useable at moment.

Goldies are fantails

usual foods are just flakes and sinking pellets, haven't given the frozen for a while.

4. BornThisWayBettas

Well, do you know your water parameters? Can you post a picture of the pleco?

5. OP
    OP
    scubasean

6. OP
    OP
    scubasean

Pic to follow

7. BornThisWayBettas

Do you know what your ammonia is?

8. OP
    OP
    scubasean

No to ammonia levels only got the peramitors stated I'm afraid.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437340073.690531.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437340116.691128.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice