Plecostomus Photos - Page 6

RSababady

I caught two of my plecos chilling out today - just hanging around and enjoying the flow of water coming into the tank from the filter. They seem to enjoy the water current. Playful little things

Brandon_Krenek

RSababady

My pleco having a shower in air

bfwtjules

My very first BN pleco! Her name is Bastian. (shortened from Sebastian - named after a very awesome feline that recently passed away). She has six Panda corys as tank mates and they are all an absolute joy to watch. She is usually very shy and freezes when I get too close to the tank, but I finally got a picture of her with her fins up/out while munching on cucumber.

75g Discus Tank

RSababady said:
My pleco having a shower in air

That’s what my male bn does! At the store, I see a ton of plecos swimming into the sponge filters to get flow. They are playful fish.

Ulu

This is Big Morton who currently inhabits the 55 gallon standard with Felix the Oscar. In this photo you can see pretty clearly that his spine is s shaped.

He has had this deformity for a long time.

This is Baby Morton who is currently inhabiting a 30 tall with some tetras & a betta.

This is Little Pepper, who lives in a 16 gallon bow front with a Neon Tetra, a Betta, and four Corydoras.

She is very shy and wouldn't come out of her house.

This is a monster sitting in a 20 gallon tank at the lfs. He's over 18 in long and the whole tank is only 24 in so he can't really turn around. Unfortunately I don't have a tank big enough to save this guy.

Ulu

Awww, that first picture looks awful because of the gro-lite.

I have three actual live plants in this tank not including algae.

Here's a photo of big Morton showing off his fins. I was growing a lot of algae and bacteria in this tank on extra media so it's extremely green.

I divided this water and media up, eventually seeding 100 gallons from 30, into three new tanks.

For some reason his spine deformity does not show up in this photo, but it was clearly there before I transferred him from the 10 into the 30 where he is shown. I junked that 10 out a year ago and I moved him from a new 30 to the 55, just this week.

Miyyaro

I see bristles!! Mr Fizz peeking. And one of him just being handsome.

Redshark1

He's wild, or he will be when someone tells him you called his magnificent bristles "crazy".

Here's my hypomelanistic example of L023 Pterygoplichthys paradalis.

Also known as Chocolate Pleco for some strange reason, its a colour form of one of the common Plecostomus species.

I wasn't expecting much other than excellent algae-cleaning abilities but within two years he's also grown into an 8" beauty and becoming a much-loved fish.

I bought him because in my 6 foot tank my many Bristlenoses were rather pathetic at cleaning the algae and simply not up to the task. Hence the heavy-duty upgrade.

I've named him “Sticker”

Redshark1

Here are a few of my bristly babies that were born in my aquarium.

Ancistrus species = Common Bristlenose Catfish

I love my plecos because they are colourful, interesting, long lived and easy to keep.

They have never had diseases and are easy to feed.

Karlee

I have a pair of Albino Bristle-noses who won't stop breeding every month,
it was okay until Mister bushy (Dad) fought with my yo-yo loach who would eat the eggs and one morning yo-yo was on the floor dead. Bushy owns the tank
with babies!

Ulu

RIP Big Morton....

Unfortunately I left the lid off the aquarium too long and he jumped to his death.

Baby Morton has taken over his place as the King Pleco.

He's almost 6 inch long now. 3 months ago he was only 2 inches long.

Bithimala

I can finally join this thread instead of watching it!!!! Newest member of our family

Dave125g

I only got 3 plecos.
my 4 year old clown pleco.
The 3 year old BN pleco.
the 2 year old starlight BN pleco.

Mcasella

Newly hatched bristlenose and new green dragon/pineapple bristlenose fry (they are recently out of the cave but fairly new from hatching, probably 7-8 days old). (Pineapple are albino from green dragon parents, I do not know how they differ from normal albinos so far but hopefully will find out as they grow.)

Bithimala

Three hours on the broccolI today - he finally decided that it really is food

Ulu

Baby Morton is digging on his imported Malaysian driftwood.

Bithimala

He's so tiny!!!

Ulu

Little pepper shows off her spines.
She just went from a 10 gallon to a 30 gallon is very happy about her spacious new home.

Ulu

I keep calling little Pepper a "She", but I don't really know.

I eventually intend to put her and Baby Morton together in my new 55. Right now each one is the big fish in a 30 tall, and they will grow out of them in another 6~12 months.

Baby Morton is a little bit bigger right now, and a little older, and I'm hoping he's a lot Male-er. I'm not sure about him either but he seems to have a little bristle or two.

This photo was taken about a month ago.

Ulu

Pepper the pleco lives with Mr Spooky the betta & the seven mixed Corries now.

Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Doc, and Bashful. LOL

No I didn't really name them I'm J/K.

So . . . a girl or a boy? With a name like Lil' Pepper it could go either way.

The filter is Peppers favorite Hangout.

75g Discus Tank

Bolt has grown! She’s like a solid 3.5 inches! (Albino BN)

Batman has some missing chunks from his dorsal fin. I think he got nipped by something but it’s growing back.(Golden Nugget)

Ulu

I moved Pepper and 7 corries into a 30 gallon tall, with mr. Spooky the betta. I think it was a bad move, and Spooky will go in a tank by himself so he doesn't pick on the Corries.

Ulu

Little Pepper has a new friend and they seem to be getting along so far. The little albino bristlenose is Redeye, and he is a teeny little thing.

DoubleDutch

Andddd gone

Bithimala

He's starting to get bristles finally!

dannypipes75

wodesorel

My ten year old clowns!

Ulu

Pepper and her larger tank mate Baby Morton, hanging out on the side of the 30 tall.

These guys are so messy I'm changing 3/4 of their water every other day.

wodesorel

Dave125g said:
Beautiful. I love how long lived most plecos are.
There were three originally, lost one a couple of years ago I am assuming to old age. They were fully grown when I got them so I have no idea how old they may be. I have my fingers crossed they will be with me for several more years, but it doesn't seem like clowns live past mid-teens though.

This one puffed up for me tonight but didn't move, even after a dozen pictures trying to get one clear one!

zcpetty

Bn

Fishaholic58

I’ve had this albino BN for a few weeks now and he’s always eating and never asleep even during the day. I just took this picture today and recently he has grown bristles. It reminds me of goat horns. Lol.

DarkOne

This is one of my males in a 75g. He had fin rot on his left pectoral but it grew back. He was also a runt but started growing in the last month or two. I'd say he's just over 3".

My blue phantom is just over 4" and gets along with the runt (Lefty) but they need their own piece of zucchini.

And my other male in a 40g. He's about 4" now.

Ulu

I finally got a picture of my sister-in-law's big Pleco. She said the Goldfish passed away and she bought these GloFish.

He is skinnier than he looks because he is also longer than he looks laying sort of crosswise in the tank in this photo. I don't think she feeds him much because she was having water quality issues (duh) and he is probably starving to death very slowly.

Mcasella

Before they hatch. Red marble bn prehatching clutch. These guys will be hatching in the next 24hrs, I am starting to see wiggles and other movement as well as eyes and spines all developed. This clutch is from my largest female.

BottomDweller

This is my little bristlenose. Definitely one of my favourite fish
He likes courgette .....
......but he knows the other side is tastier

Ulu

Little Redeye is growing slowly but steadily.

DarkOne

Got another L128 Blue Phantom. A little tiny guy.

I also picked up a L201 Snowball pleco.

Buganjimo

My little clown pleco! I’m so happy I can finally contribute to this thread I love plecos

PamelaENewton

This is my Albino veil tail pleco. I think he's beautiful. I can rarely see him long enough to get a picture.

Brannor

Female 1

Female 2

Male

jacob thompson

cichlid4life

My +14 inch male common pleco.

Ulu

Our new BNP, a rescue fish...

RSababady

Upside down, underneath a root ????

Ulu

Lil' Rhino finally came out for a pic.

RSababady

Seems as if zuchinnI is the in thing with plecos at the moment looking at all the pics here....... here so are mine

Aquatilibus

fish time

My bristlenose

fish time

The strange thing about my albino bristlenose pleco is that it has a black spot on its tail area and I thought it was pretty cool since others don't really have this mabey its genetic

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom