Plecostomus Photos

1. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Please use this topic to post your Pleco photos. I'll leave it stickied so it appears at the top of the posts.

Thanks,
    Mike

-----

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks,
    Armadillo

Attached Files:

2. armadillo Fishlore VIP Member

These were my common plecos. I had to give them back to a fish store as my biggest tank was a 150L. Please nobody tell me now that that was enough space, as it was a heartbreaking decision to part with one of them in particular (the small one). Ah well, here's hoping they found a better home. :'(

The first picture shows my favorite pleco. He always came out, night or day, and wasn't bothered at all when I was cleaning the tank.

The second and third pictures shows the two slightly larger plecos I had. One of them was a slightly paler brown. They hardly ever came out of hiding, though.

Attached Files:

3. Mollygurl Member Member

here is my common pleco,Upside Down. i decided 2 be mean and catch him 2 take pix.

Attached Files:

4. Tom Fishlore VIP Member

Here is a pic of my BN. Ethan Hunt is the name I am giving the pleco(Mission Impossible).
    Tom

Attached Files:

5. Mollygurl Member Member

more pix of UD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

6. Bill Member Member

My baby BN finally eating what I want her to :)

7. Sabi Well Known Member Member

thanks!

heres one pic i just had to take!

8. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Here's a pic of mine - I have him in an outdoor pond (150 gal) so the only time I can get pics of him is when I do a cleaning. Usually all I see is his tail sticking out from under the big flat rock he likes to hide under... He was about 4 inches when I got him from my sister may-june 2007. He is now 11 inches long...he shares with two chinese algae eaters and multiple goldfish and mosquito fish.

Attached Files:

9. Chief_waterchanger Well Known Member Member

Pretty fish behind dirty glass, heh.

10. jack11 Member Member

My BN pleco, he is about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch long and he spends most of his time under neath or behind that black box (it holds my filter and heater.)

Jack.

Attached Files:

11. Chief_waterchanger Well Known Member Member

12. FishnFry Member Member

Pictures of some plecos I have, past & present:

First picture is my male bristlenose with the female inside (you can see her tail).

Attached Files:

13. Chief_waterchanger Well Known Member Member

See my thread about finding the L107s breeding trigger for more info. :)

Attached Files:

14. MagpieTear Well Known Member Member

Nothing fancy, but Mr. Jones is my favorite fish. He was just under 2" when I brought him home, he's now a touch over 7 1/2." And he's a picky eater, he doesn't like cucumbers.

Attached Files:

15. FishnFry Member Member

Here's a picture of my albino long-finned BN. Unfortunately, he died. RIP my friend.

Attached Files:

16. Sabi Well Known Member Member

My Queen arabesque pleco L260

17. armadillo Fishlore VIP Member

Here's our new fancy pleco. I don't really know what species it is yet. Am still finding out. He's got orangey/pink spots.

Attached Files:

18. armadillo Fishlore VIP Member

Here's another few pictures of my new fancy pleco. I'll post the exact name later.

One of them's terrible , but hey, there's no minimum quality requirements, LOL. I like it because you see the shrimp being nosy. The piece of driftwood used to be the shrimps' HQ, and got taken over by her since this week-end.

If you look upclose, you'll see how hairy she is! True sign of a night fish, hey.

Attached Files:

19. Barbrella Well Known Member Member

Cucumbers...YUM!

Love all the pics, BTW.:)

Attached Files:

20. Bill Member Member

Those are both really cool plecos :) I'm looking forward to my Queen Arabesque in the new year, even though it'll be very expensive..

Here is a photo I took today of Yuri eating some courgette, flanked by his attendant Bolivian rams.

And another one; I just love the expression on the ram's face!

Share Page: