Plecos Veggies Help 

FishFood2010

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Zucchini, cucumber, spinach, lettuce, peas, broccoli, green beans or any other green veg. are the most recommended but in moderation you can try others to see what your pleco likes. I've tried yam, potato, turnip, tomato and carrots. So far she's loved everything Just remember to blanch the veggies first and take out any uneaten portions after 12 hours

Brainlady

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi Hershey 1,
Pleco's like algae wafers, zucchini and some kinds of lettuce. They also must have driftwood to chew on. I have a vegetable tie which stops them floating away, or you can pierce the zucchini with a fork and stick it in the substrate... sometimes works.

Betta_dude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey Hershey, welcome to Fishlore. lettuce, cucumbers, and zucchini work great. Maybe even the odd spinach, leak, or kale. Cut the cukes into wedges and stick a spoon in it. Or simply buy a veggei clip and cut them into long, flat slices.

By the way, is that a common pleco? If so it will out grow your 29g. Not to sound pushy or anything, but I would find a new home for it or upgrade to a at least a 55g. Unfortunately they grow up to 12" or more. If you want you could get a bristle nose or rubber pleco, they only get to about 5" and 7" respectfully.

Hershey1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is a BN and Suckermouth that are both small and if they get big i can get sell them or something if needed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom