Plecos to breed for profit (not BN)

Emra700

Looking for suggestions on plecos that are NOT bristlenose (already breeding these for profit), that are easy/moderately easy (can be done with good conditions), to breed for profit. Please don’t say zebra plecos or something super expensive that takes years and crazy difficult to breed!

BigManAquatics

Maybe the false zebra plecos(L129)? Don't know the breeding conditions though, but they are pretty and not much more pricey than bn's.

LowConductivity

If you've already figured out how to turn BN into a profitable fish, there's only one way to go....and its down. Find something you think is really neat, and breed away. Have some fun, cause you'll never match the profitability of BN IMO

Hellfishguy

Ancistrus sp. Wabenmuster/Honeycomb and A. sp. Cheese Creek are becoming popular and usually sell at high prices.

Emra700

If you've already figured out how to turn BN into a profitable fish, there's only one way to go....and its down. Find something you think is really neat, and breed away. Have some fun, cause you'll never match the profitability of BN IMO
I breed high quality super reds, and long fin lemon blue eyes. I do pretty well with them!

Linda1234

I meant to comment on this thread. There are pleco that sell for $100-$400 range but they are more difficult to breed. If you are up to a real challenge there are L397 (for example) or L46. There are also easier to breed species like Leopard frog or Blue Phantom that sell more than most variations of bn but not as much as the more expensive species. Just be aware that if you attempt to breed (for example L46); not only is it much more difficult to breed them but the yield is much smaller. Still if you are successful with them they can be quite profitable. Then again you could move to cichlid and there are numerous dwarf cichlid that are both easy to breed but sell for a pretty penny.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
e_watson09
Replies
Views
jlm418
Replies
Views
Donovan Jones
Replies
Views