PLECOS!! share yours - Page 20

tfreema

My girls are fat and sassy. They love their zucchinI over everything else and have no shyness about coming out and latching right on as soon as I put them in the tank. Brussel sprouts are a close second. Cucumber, not so much unless it's the English one.

Dave125g

Here's another picture of my super model.

Fanatic

My new BN Plecostomus!
He's 4 inches long, and I named him Vlad.

Bruxes and Bubbles

I'm finally a part of the indoor pleco club!

Meet Nutella Marmalade!

SuzanaBanana

Why are the tip of it tail white? I think its a common pleco

Bruxes and Bubbles

jenmur said:
Woo hoo!!!

Nutella Marmalade is beautiful!
Thank you!

Here he is having a party with his new friends.

jenmur

Upside down long finned albino Bristlenose!

And an Iquitos Tiger Pleco L225

Cef

Two new juvenile bristlenose pleco, hopeful they are a pair of both males will separate them.

Soocold

I think I definitely see longer fins on some. What do you guys think?

jenmur

At Petco to buy wet dog and cat food (story of my life). They have this Pleco. What is it??

itsayes

I know you've seen him before, but can't help it when he poses for me!

DoubleDutch

Adopted two ancistrus more than two years ago. Now and then one of those showed up (Ty-Rexxie) making me think one died shortly after adoption.

And then ?????? They suddeny showed up together (yesterday). I think they are a different species than my others. Probably the real Cirrhosus.

Keeping 7 BN's now and 1 Rubberlip.

Even my Lemon was amazed

DoubleDutch

jenmur said:
itsayes. Oh yes please take lots of photos of your Pleco and post them . I posted in the fish id section and apparently it seems that it is a snowball pleco.

DoubleDutch. Oh that is awesome! How do you mean the real cirrhosus?
Most of our BN's are crossbreds and are called Ancistrus cf (= looking like) Cirrhosus. There are "clean" strains (without crossbreds) of the Ancistrus Cirrhosus like found in the wild.
These ones could be like that (or another species).

To compare a vid of some of my Ancistrus cf cirrhosus. Those have another spotting and color

Fal

My little BN

Trying to be invisible

Dave125g

My BN was in hiding for about 2 weeks.
but he couldn't resist mamas garden fresh zucchini.

jenmur

Two cute albino Bristlenose babies

And one yellow blue eyed baby

sassymomma

HoudinI doesn't like to be out if I'm too close to the tank, so he's hard to capture lol

Funny how he got more shy as he grew....

sassymomma

HoudinI doesn't like to be out if I'm too close to the tank, so he's hard to capture lol

Hayley1986

sassymomma said:

My Pete is the same, I've had him a couple of years now and we hardly see him. Sometimes I catch him on the bogwood on a morning but otherwise he just pokes either his head or tail out of his coconut, on this rare occasion he was out

jakefoster

found a wafer

goldface

jakefoster said:
found a wafer
Nice. It's always fun watching them rasping on something. What kind of pleco?

jakefoster

scarface said:
Nice. It's always fun watching them rasping on something. What kind of pleco?
L168 butterfly

vikingkirken

Baby Groot, my starlight BN

Soocold

Caught ugly peacocking when we got back from a family zoo trip. Next week I'm hoping to take another big batch of commons to a LFS and get them excited about some albinos babies.

Soocold

Caught ugly peacocking when we got back from a family zoo trip. Next week I'm hoping to take another big batch of commons to a LFS and get them excited about some albinos babies.

Bruxes and Bubbles

Nutella Marmalade the ninja. XD

Musicman88

This is my little dude

Thida

I got two. One will go to my yet to set up 40 gal tank soon. Didn't know they have the black one so got the albino one in the morning by my husband and I found the black one later that evening at the same store and I had to have it. The grey ones kind of scares me. Haha. I've had the black colored one that grew big and I enjoyed it in my 75 gal tank many years ago. Just started this 20 gal tank and knew we needed one. Sorry for not knowing their scientific names. They only grows up to 4 inches?

DDANIELLVN

Fanatic

Fanatic said:
I still haven't seen my guy eat, but he sure proves that he does!
Vacuumed up 36 turds on Friday.
Quoting my own post, and proving myself wrong!
I just witnessed a full-time pleco feast. My BN was on the algae wafers & zucchinI for 20 minutes!

Bruxes and Bubbles

Drummindot

Fanatic said:
Yep, sure can't aquascape a common Pleco tank.
"Finally, my perfected aquascape" Let me add my common Pleco now!

After you've woken up next morning, check your tank.
"What! I just fixed that tank, aw man!!
Lol! So true but if you affix the driftwood to large ceramic tiles and tie all the plants to driftwood or a rock you can aquascape but its labor intensive and you still have to be flexible!

My Godzilla still has plenty of real estate to dig around in though!

Bailey Oswald

My brand new baby albino bristlenose named Panem.

Sarah73

Sarah73

AngelTheGypsy

Meet Wilson, my new red BN pleco! Please do well and grow strong baby pleco! He's very active and outgoing, already found his zucchinI and spinach!

Bruxes and Bubbles

Nutella Marmalade rocking a 'b' on his tail for Bruxes and Bubbles.

Dave125g

Looking thru my pictures the other day, I found a good shot of my clown pleco.

Dave125g

Caught the little starlight this evening.

Dave125g

Thanks. She's out this morning. Sunbathing on the roof of her condo. Lol

jenmur

Dave125g said:
Thanks. She's out this morning. Sunbathing on the roof of her condo. Lol
She is just all about being seen! Awesome!

Got a pic of an albino Bristlenose at my LFS yesterday. It was being a bit of a show off

DioAquatics

Got some decent pictures of Tiny this morning. Tiny isn't that tiny anymore. He's sneaking up to the 2 inch mark now.

sassymomma

goplecos

My baby BN Pleco. He less than half an inch. I haven't bred Plecos for years and I was really missing taking care of the babies. He was only 50 cents at my LFS, so why not.

My 10 inch Sailfin Pleco. He'll start flaring the second I take the camera away.

JeffK

Rare glimpse of my guy today:

Here he was when I got him a year ago:

KO_

Bertha got a big meal last night.

Drummindot

I was looking at my tank this morning and Charlie comes up to work on the front glass with his tail down on the substrate. I'd never noticed the protrusion(s) on his tail before.

I was wondering if this is what they use to reproduce or is his tail just shaped funny?

Drummindot

jenmur said:
KO_. And aaaallllllllllll hers! HA! Hehe

JeffK. Oh wow that's awesome he's grown so fast . Happy pleco!

@Dummindot. Charlie is looking good! Maybe he messed his tail up on something a little bit?
I really don't know it's like those two veins on his tail have grown longer than the rest of the tail. It's not split past where it meets the rest of his tail either. Weird....

Anywho...
I fed Godzilla 1/2 of the neck of a butternut squash last night. He's got a nice fat tummy this morning!

After finishing breakfast I walked over to the tank and saw this and just had to share!

Dave125g

My new baby finally got a taste for driftwood. Now to get her eating her vegetables.

DoubleDutch

My lemon aliray (respect) out in the open.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom