PLECOS!! share yours

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I might have to let my vandal & all round lunatic Pleco, Percy, go to a new home

He keeps body slamming Hamilton.....and Vettel used to attack him so he can't go in that aquarium

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The master strikes again. I'll write that down for future reference... So just not a "commonly seen BN".....
The "common" A.cf cirrhosus is the name given to the result of crossbreeding several species over the years and actually isn't found in the wild. They crossbreed very easil How they look like depends on the ancestors (and in fact the wild species that are in the mix and how close related they are to those wild types). Some are brown, some grey, some black, spotted / not spotted. There could be gens of several.species in one fish.

So this one could be offspring of a pure strain or is a crossbreed close to the wild type A.temminckii (if I am correct)

Hoping my explanation is a bit clear hahaha. English Dutch

Benfreshwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great explanation and really interesting to read but that's way over my capabilities of knowledge! I get what you mean though thank you. She's still beautiful regardless though haha

Pukkafish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
3DB982C5-EE47-4835-AC5F-9F19793BB734.jpeg
My baby Fairytale is now officially 2 inches long! I’ve had him since he was only a half inch. And he’s starting to grow stubble! I know he pic is bad quality but he won’t stop moving lol, his tail is curled to the side

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom