Plecos and other bottom feeders

Alan62

Afternoon, I have read a lot of advice and seen posts about different plecos and bottom feeders mixing.
I would like to share my experience of this. While trying this I will add I have 3 other tanks if it was a problem, re fighting.
I have a Golden Nugget, Blue Phantom Plecos, living with 2 Petracola and 2 Cory's. When I introduced these to my 40 gallon tank I was very cautious, but knowing I had a plan B went ahead. Cory's know no boundaries, regardless of being attacked, they just do what they do, the others on the other hand can be territorial. Over the past 6 months of observing carefully I have witnessed total harmony. My other fish are various Gourami's, golden, pearl, opaline, rainbow fish, harlequin, rummy nose, long fin roses barb's.
I have seen my Golden Nugget sharing a piece of Courgette with my Blue Phantom, also witnessed the cave he lives in with a Petracola. Never once have I seen any territorial attitude towards others. Maybe I'm just lucky, but then again, maybe I'm proving a point. Bottom feeders can live peacefully.

BigManAquatics

Many can. Even bolivisn rams tend to get along with a lot of bottom feeders if not breeding! Might change if you ever have a bn male pleco guarding a cave with eggs...i haven't had issue in the past either, not with bottom feeders.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Evergreen2
  • Question
Replies
Views
Crazyfishperson
Replies
Views
Plecolover4477