pleco

1. SOS Initiate Member

I have a small pleco that seems to be alright except, he swims upside down at top of the water quite often. Is this normal?

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

What are you feeding him? Do you have any algae in the tank? He may be looking for food. If you haven't already, try getting some veggie wafers and dropping a couple in the tank? ;)

3. SOS Initiate Member

When you say veggie, do you mean algae wafers? There was a small film of algae around the tank when i got these two little guys but is seems to be clear now. They are about an inch each in length.

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Yep. Algae wafers. They are also called veggie rounds, algae disks, and veggie wafers. They will also appreciate any kind of sinking pellets like earchworm pellets, plankton pellets, etc. Variety is the key. ;)

5. SOS Initiate Member

Thanx a lot bud; sorry for the late reply. I got some algae wafers and everything is cool now. I can't believe how fast the two of them are growing - plus they keep the tank amazingly clean, and they look pretty happening too.

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

They also like the shrimp pellets and fresh veggies. Cut up some zucchini and weigh it down with a spoon stuck in it or hold it with a veggie clip. You will be amazed at how excited they get with fresh food. The wafers are great, but they need variety in their diet like any other fish, so experiment with the veggies and let us know! Sweet potato is another good one to try! ;)