Remove the cave?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

LCB0612

Reaction score
In 2012 I bought my 2 y.o. Bristlenose pleco a cave from plecocaves and he started using it right away. He comes out very infrequently and in the past 6 years I have seen him out about 20 times. Should I remove his cave or leave him be? BTW, vegetables and food will not coax him out. The only thing that did were several live ghost shrimp which were for my Bolivian ram which he (pleco) ended up eating. I have driftwood as well. He also stays inside if I need to remove him for a water change. He just sits in the cave and I remove the whole thing with him inside.

NLindsey921

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My clown doesn't even have a cave. He has the underside of a large piece of wood that has a crevice that he can fit in. He's still itty bitty. Maybe 2 inches long. 3 at most.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would get him a larger cave if he is that big, something he can turn around in comfortably and place it beside the other, they normally pick one that fits them (my long fin male picked the larger mouthed cave even though I put his old cave in the tank he moved to).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom